Backup Camera & Mirror Instructions/+12v Backup

nhokt

Hi, I am looking for help finding a wire under the drivers kick panel for +12v when the CX-9 is in reverse. I was thinking if anyone had the install instructions for the backup mirror kit they might say which wire would work. Any help with the instructions or just finding the correct wire would be great, thanks!

Did you get this yet? If not, PM me and I can e-mail it to you. It is over 2MB, so I can't post it here.

Thanks for the instructions

Thanks for emailing me the instructions.
Do you know if those instructions are valid for 2008 CX-9 grand touring?
I think a GT is prewired to install a camera...

Thanks

I-miwa,

Could you e-mail this to me too? I'm looking at my options for a back-up camera too, didn't come with my '08 GT AWD. I'm particularly interested in what Mazda has in their catalog but the dealer told me it's a pain in the butt to install. Thanks.

I think a GT is prewired to install a camera...

Can anyone answer this? If it is prewired it would be a lot easier.

The Touring and GT both are available with the backup camera, IF you get the assistance package. That may mean the wiring harness is not there unless the car has the package installed.

Rather than tear up CX9s to find out, just use a relay tap off of the backup lights and feed the camera from a new fuse location.

Or get one with the Nav, or order the Mazda backup mirror kit.
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/store/product.php?productid=16749&cat=281&page=2

Camera Instructions

I too would love to get the installation instructions.

When I purchase the car last year, the environment that I got was: This can be added after the purchase.

After operating the 2008 model for a year, I really wish to have this feature on purchase.

Thanks in advance for the info.

As I stated in the 2nd post on this thread, the file is over 2MB so it can't be posted here. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. The one that I have is from the 2007 model, but I'm not sure they've changed anything.

well, i can say that after looking at this pdf last month I decided to get the Assist Package. Looks like too much work :(

If you are still trying to figure the signal for 12+ reverse or future reference in this thread, its a red/yellow stripe wire in the top left connector in the BCM.

Back