Fog light bulb went out, easy to replace?

mnkyboy

My passenger side fog light went out. This is the first time in 7 years owning the car. Is it easy to replace? What size bulb goes in there?

H3 bulb IIRC & there's a foglight replacement how-to with pics somewhere that doesn't involve removing the bumper, just the splash guard.

basically remove bottom splash gaurd, have a 14mm? to remove the rear cover of the fog mount, and then u just unplug and unclip the old bulb and do everything in reverse order.
its pretty simple, u'll understand once u remove the splash gaurd ^_^

basically remove bottom splash gaurd, have a 14mm? to remove the rear cover of the fog mount, and then u just unplug and unclip the old bulb and do everything in reverse order.
its pretty simple, u'll understand once u remove the splash gaurd ^_^

Thanks. Thats what I was looking for. I tried searching for "fog" in the topics, nothing came up. It maybe a min limit for searching.
The front plastic housing looks a bit fogged, Im not sure if this is due to the bulb or a crack. Is it possible to remove the entire housing so I can look at it? So all I need is a H3 bulb and a 90 degree screw driver?

yea pretty much. and u cannot remove the lens from the housing...not possible..its been discussed and its just not removable...if u want you can unmount the fogs from behind using a 10mm socket with a socket screwdriver type thing and unmount the fogs and take a look from behind(inside when the bulb is removed). but other than that ther is no way to taking it apart to clean it..Plast X may work (sold at walmart/autozone/etc..) or 3M Rubbing compound sold at same place as plast x

Hmmm? I had mine all the way apart when I had them off. Fixed a couple of rock chips with clear silicone so I didn't have to use the nice unchipped spare set of lights yet & popped in different bulbs. Lenses can be had by themselves but cost was most of the cost of just getting a whole new light. There's an o-ring seal you have to pry a bit for the lense to come loose. Went back together just fine & no issues afterward.

Ok, I bought a H3 light bulb tonight and I put my car on some ramps. Below are some pics I took. Is it correct that I have to remove the entire lamp housing, then remove the front lens to get to the bulb? ALSO, how do I disconnect the wire plug? Its a b**** to get your hand in there. Whats the easiest way to realign the fog light if I have to remove the housing?

2008-10-21_213436.jpg

IMG_0593_1.jpg

in the triangular shape above, you only need to remove the top bolt (the one holding the 2 washers)

when u take that bolt off, the fog light assemble can be removed from the front of the car. however, u also need to push in the blue piece of plastic in order for u to slide the fog light assembly out further so u can reach the harness to unplug it

in the triangular shape above, you only need to remove the top bolt (the one holding the 2 washers)

when u take that bolt off, the fog light assemble can be removed from the front of the car. however, u also need to push in the blue piece of plastic in order for u to slide the fog light assembly out further so u can reach the harness to unplug it

Thanks for the info. Do I have to realign the fog light or do the other bolts control the alignment?

The other bolts control alignment, I adjusted them to make my new nokya h3s work a little better.

I have a lift at my families lot so I kind of play around after oil changes, if I didn't, the fogs would of been so much more annoying.

Is that factory overspray? ; )

hehe.

Well, the job is done. It was easier than I expected. I broke the little blue thing that keeps the wire adapter in place, but it was fixed with some duct tape. I was confused about the recommendation to get a 90 degree screwdriver. Somebody said that in another thread. Maybe its for people who didnt jack the car up...

Ahaha, so was i! I searched and read that thread as well. I have always hated the plastic connectors on headlights and relays, they are not fun to play with when the plastic gets old.

I love my fogs.

did u remove the housing by any chance?
was it hard?
cause i had trouble removing the lens last time and a part of the lens broke off, but super glue put it back in place..

Mine was seized from age, but I used a fine screw driver to put even pressure on the gap between the lens and backing and it slowly popped off.

Latest posts

Back