Plasti-Dip

PCspeed3

:
Pearl White Speed 3
Hey everyone, so my buddy just got a new Gti and some people on the VW forums are plasti-dipping their emblems to get a matte black look. They say it is ultra weather proof seeing as how it is liquid rubber. Anyways, they are also saying that you can remove the painted section of your mirrors and dip them without sanding,primer etc. Do you think this is legit? If so how do I get the painted section off my mirrors?!??

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff331/natehasmail/redgti.png?t=1223355714

^ Ugly as hell btw ^

wrx/sti guys have been plasti-dipping their center consoles too look like spec-c interiors. i think you treat it like anything that you paint.

wow benz wheels on a VW FTL

obviously you have never been around the vw scene, thats what its about vip status...

and plasti dip has been used for a long time now, i did my suby interior in it, and i dip my front emblem on the ms3 in it.

How does that hold up to UV light? I think I'd rather have a nice painted clearcoated emblem than a rubbery emblem that will probably flake off at some point.

ive never ever had a problem with flaking. my interior was done for almost a year and i never had a scratch

Heres pics of my old wrx interior plati diped.

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

i personally like the fact that our mirrors are painted. tho i would prefer the WHOLE thing was painted instead of leaving the bottom portion unpainted as they come stock.

As already mentioned that vw looks hideous! I can't stand when gti vw's put on super wide wheels that stick out from the fenders and cause/show massiv camber issues, it just looks awkward. Plus that particular mercedes wheel is already ugly to begin with, i dont see why mercedes would put such an ugly wheel on a mercedes from the factory.

The dipped subaru interior looks pretty clean tho, looks like a stock look! Tho i prefer the color to be there, especially to match. Like if the center console portion of our cars were color matched to the paint of the car itself :)

Did anybody see the mirrors on the Gti or were they distracted too much by the hideous wheels? Anybody know how to get the front part off the mirror without damaging it?

Did anybody see the mirrors on the Gti or were they distracted too much by the hideous wheels? Anybody know how to get the front part off the mirror without damaging it?

why would you rather have them plastic/black than matching your stock color?

why would you rather have them plastic/black than matching your stock color?

its all about making your car stand out from all the others like it haha. I would like to get a black viynl for my roof and a spoiler from a black MS3, i think it should look pretty sweet. Plus it will live up to my cars "penguin" nickname.

its all about making your car stand out from all the others like it haha. I would like to get a black viynl for my roof and a spoiler from a black MS3, i think it should look pretty sweet. Plus it will live up to my cars "penguin" nickname.

got me there dude, I too would like the black vinyl on my roof. I am trying to work photoshop to see matte vs gloss black vinyl to see what will look better. Tho I think keeping the stock wing is best as if you paint the entire wint where it mounts to the hatch looks uneven if the WHOLE wing is all black

Back