Mazda Tribute 05 Remote FOB Programming Instructions?

kiwi

:
2005 Mazda Tribute
I just traded my 03 Protege 5 for a Mazda Tribute (2005)... and it only came with one Key FOB. I still have one of the key FOB's from the Protege 5 and was hoping to program it to use with the Tribute as well.

The serial/code on the back of the Protege FOB is Model : 41706 P/N: BLSD 67 SRY

On the Tribute its a 2L3T 156K601

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I can't believe that, in two years, no one has answered this question!

Since I'm sure you're likely to have already found the answer in the past two years, I'll post this for others who come along with the same question.

As the 2005 Tribute is a Ford product, you'll have to follow the procedure for programming a Ford key fob made in this time period. So long as both fobs are identical, both will work. The fob can come from most late 90s/early to mid-2000s Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda products.

For the most part, the fob must look like this one in order to work: http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/2306/30560247.jpg

1) Get both fobs you want to program to your car.

2) Get in your car and insert the key.

3) In 10 seconds or less, turn the key back and forth from Off to On eight times, leaving it On the eighth time. The doors will lock and unlock to signal Programming Mode.

4) Press a button on the first fob; any button. The doors will again lock and unlock to signal that it has been programmed. Repeat this step for any additional fobs; up to four per vehicle. This step must be completed in 20 seconds or less.

5) When you have programmed all fobs, turn the key off. The doors will again lock and unlock to signal that Programming Mode is turned off.

All fobs should now work on your vehicle. Test each fob. If any do not work, this process must be repeated.

thanks!

thanks for providing the update. I did actually pretty much do what you said. I bought new FOBs on ebay and programmed them, along with a spare key.

With allthe running about when I got the new vehicle it slipped my mind to repost here. Thanks

Back