2007 MS3 head unit input question

rch

I recently bought a used '07 MS3 GT with the Bose stereo. The dealer I bought it from said that if I got the factory Sirius unit installed, it would remove the aux input-jack functionality. Any truth to this?

If it is true, I guess I'll get an aftermarket XM or Sirius unit and plug it in to the aux jack...

Yes, it's true.
both the auxilary input jack and the sirius unit plug into the same exact slot in the back of the headunit.

Like he said both modules use the same port on the HU, however they're not mutually exclusive. There is a "switchbox" available for ~$100 that will let you plug in both the sirius and the ACI. If you want integrated sirius then either ditch the input or get the switchbox. There are some upsides to a/m receivers though.

Had the same issue on our CX-9--installation of the Sirius disabled the AUX-in. I bought the switchbox, and that solved the issue.

I still think it's a bit cheap not to include the switchbox when you get Sirius. Having the dealer (or yourself) have to rip apart everything again just means more chances for gouges and scratches.

Back