Lotek question

wannabe

meh
:
16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe
for those of you who have installed the lotek triple pod (seen here) does the new pod latch in place? or can the storage pocket still be accessed? the reason I ask is that I currently have my iPod adapter routed there, and would like to keep it that way. anybody have pics of the underside installed or anything?

you can still route the cable there or make a small opening to get the ipod cable out. you have to remove the center console and radio to change it's not hard just that you have to take your sweet time before damaging anything . and there is a bolt on the left side of the glove box thats holds the radio you have to get it out before you pull the radio out .

i've taken the whole thing apart (needed to for the iPod install) so i know how it all comes apart. hell, see my how-to in the how to section ;)

i was just wondering if the lotek pod latches like the stock one, and if it has storage space inside it that is accessible still, or if its completely closed off with it

No, the LOTEK gauge pod does not secure to the storage bin. But it can.

I used some heavy duty velcro cut into 2 long strips that I secured to the back of the gauge pod and to the dash. There is nothing attached to the sides, so i can still lift up the gauge pod and there is still some storage.

It works pretty good. It keeps the pod in place for when I get on it, doesnt flop around, and doesnt fall off around corners. Plus, it still has some basic storage. Only bad part is that the velcro kinda pushes the gauge pod out a bit, so it doesnt exactly sit flush. I keep saying Im going to come up with something better, but I usually forget 5 seconds later.

No, the LOTEK gauge pod does not secure to the storage bin. But it can.

I used some heavy duty velcro cut into 2 long strips that I secured to the back of the gauge pod and to the dash. There is nothing attached to the sides, so i can still lift up the gauge pod and there is still some storage.

It works pretty good. It keeps the pod in place for when I get on it, doesnt flop around, and doesnt fall off around corners. Plus, it still has some basic storage. Only bad part is that the velcro kinda pushes the gauge pod out a bit, so it doesnt exactly sit flush. I keep saying Im going to come up with something better, but I usually forget 5 seconds later.

thanks. thats what i was looking for.

Back