Vacuum leak?

TRF-Inferno

:
2003 Mazda Proteg
Hey guys, I noticed earlier today that there is an audible hissing noise from somewhere in the front of the engine. I thought it was one of the intercooler pipes, but I could not find any holes or cracks. Is there any other vacuum lines that runs in front of the engine that I missed?

there are a few vacuum lines, such as the wastegate that is there, double check all the lines you probably have some cracks in the lines.

Get some carb cleaner and spray it around the engine, and if the idle changes look for a leak in that area.

my guess, the wastegate is bad. mine did the same and when i replaced it, it was fine. do u have a boost gauge? if so, how much is it reading?

there are a few vacuum lines, such as the wastegate that is there, double check all the lines you probably have some cracks in the lines.

Get some carb cleaner and spray it around the engine, and if the idle changes look for a leak in that area.
I just did this, and nothing. :(

my guess, the wastegate is bad. mine did the same and when i replaced it, it was fine. do u have a boost gauge? if so, how much is it reading?
No boost gauge.

Got to get one installed or at least hook up a manual gauge so you can see if its reading the normal 20-22hg/in at idle. You might want to pull back or off your heatshield and examine the manifold for cracks and make sure that the bolts are snug.

How does the car run otherwise?

Got to get one installed or at least hook up a manual gauge so you can see if its reading the normal 20-22hg/in at idle. You might want to pull back or off your heatshield and examine the manifold for cracks and make sure that the bolts are snug.

How does the car run otherwise?
I guess I'll have a look at the manifold. Car runs fine...or at least, as good as a stock MSP will ever be. You know, the bogging at 4000-5000 RPM, occasional hesistation, and such. :D

take the vac line that is coming off the WGA and blow into it....If you can blow air through it freely, it is bad and will need to be replaced.

Back