How long is *too long* for warranty work?

Parkeway

:
Mazdaspeed3
The Dealership has had the MS3 going on two weeks now and I wondered what experience any of you guys have had with warranty work on this car.

I was told that I needed a new PCM after they failed to remedy a CEL P2004 and intermittent hesitation throughout the rev-range (30k miles). I have owned several new cars in the past, but never had one take this long to fix.

What's your experience? (If any)

That shouldn't take that long. They are replacing your ecu, it should only take a day once they get it. It must be on back order.

dealers are so bulls***. mine came with some kind of stain or chips on the whole left side of the car. i reported it once i picked it up, and they said they'd take care of it. i didn't have my mazda for 2 weeks and they wouldn't gimme a service car cuz i wasn't 21. ****** up, my dealers 30 miles away!!

Heard from the dealer today (day 10) and they asked if I could bring them the extra set of keys for the car as they needed them (again, the extra set) to program the PCM. Keep in mind they are over an HOURS drive for me, and they want me to drop the keys off before they proceed.

This is really starting to get comical! (But I ain't laughin)

Heard from the dealer today (day 10) and they asked if I could bring them the extra set of keys for the car as they needed them (again, the extra set) to program the PCM. Keep in mind they are over an HOURS drive for me, and they want me to drop the keys off before they proceed.

they need the keys when putting in a new pcm, if you don't the keys won't work.

that's bs bro. u should let em know that u have to drive that far just to do that. u shoulda made them pick it up! gas aint cheap

This could be a 1st...(a sad one)

if you see skeletons in the waiting room, you know that dealership is pretty SLOW!!

Better get a copy of the new KBB and check for recent depreciation!!! Wonder how long until the new models hit the floor!!! Could be one hell of a Class Action!(eekdance)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back