Possible vacuum leak???

martispeed

:
91 Rx7
Ok, so i am having a shop install a jasper engine in my mp3 after two #4 rod bearing failures with original engine.

The shop finally installed the engine today but during testdrive an unusual sound came up. They discribed it as a wobble sound or wa wa wa wa.

They said they think it is a vacuum leak, but i dont totally agree. They said there was no bogging or shaking of the engine???

Do any of you guys/gals have any other ideas. My thought was that maybe the different valves in the intake. Maybe they hooked the plugs up wrong.

Anyway does anyone have a pic of the intake and all the plugs in the correct position? I plan on going in there tomoro tosee if i can figure this out myself!!!!

Thanks for all help/input,
Anthony

Last edited:
Have you heard the noise? Kind of a vague description. Did they use your original intake? Belt noise? Clutch noise?????

how about your fuel trims, that woudl be what i would look at if i had a vaccum leak, any credible shop i would think would do the same

yea well this fu(king shop wasnt very credible. I will never go to them again. Horrible service, work and all together professionalism was lacking...

Back