Remote Starter Problem

:
2008 Mazda 5 GT
I bought the Mazda remote starter for our 2008 GrandTouring M5 and installed it myself. It took about 8 hours but went fairly smoothly. I am pretty sure it is hooked up correctly as I double checked the instructions.

The system works fine except, if the vehicle is locked and I activate the remote starter the car alarm goes off. If the car is unlocked the alarm does not activate when the remote starter starts the car.

The starter functions properly, just the car alarm goes off when the vehicle is locked and the remote starter is activated.

Any ideas?

ha yes you need to go to the dealer, there is an updated kit that way sucks to do. There is a huge difference in wiring between the grand touiring and regualr mazda 5. The kit has you moving pins from connectors and putting in other connectors. i will post the instructions next post

Subject:
2008 MAZDA5 GT - FACTORY ALARM AND REMOTE START ISSUE
Revised: 12/21/2007
Accessory Information Mazda North American Operations
Irvine, CA 92618-2922
2008 MAZDA5 GT - FACTORY ALARM AND REMOTE START ISSUE
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2008 Mazda5 GT vehicles with remote start accessory
DESCRIPTION
If the vehicle security is activated from the OEM key Fob by pressing the lock button, and a remote start is initiated
after the system has armed, the factory alarm will be triggered and the alarm will sound.
NOTE: If the vehicle security is not activated (doors unlocked) or the remote start is initiated before the factory
security arms, there is slight delay and the alarm will not sound.
The concern can be corrected by using the service kit 0000-8F-Z14 contents and the following Repair Procedure.

Crap, I was afraid of something like that. How could they sell a kit that does not work with their own car? I noticed a version A and B, and I got A, but I bet I need B.

You second post didn't have specific instructions - do you have them and can you post them?

how hard is to install a remote starter in 2008 M5 GT?

szwakon I would suggest to you to create a new thread with that question so the replies for the problem in this thread and the how-to don't get mixed

By the way, I'm assuming you are talking about a US Grand Touring installation, correct? US Grand Touring and Canadian GT are different to some degree...

Thx!

Back