ABS & Brake Light ON

Never mind, it went off already just like what the technician said at the smog station. But I'm still curious what he did to make come on.

Hi All

Sorry to bring this up again. But i have the same issue. I have 2003 Protege and ive had the two light on for about 6 months already and they never go away. Just a few days a go we had some snow so i tested the brakes on the ice and the ABS didnt kick in at all. Would that mean i need to fix the ABS system? if so how much u guys thing it will cost?

get the abs codes read first, more than likely you either need to check the brakes or fill the brake fluid. all depends on how anal you are with the car after that

well i took it to a garage and the guy hooked up the computer thing and he said he is not sure if its the abs or the sensor but it was a bit to expensive to just even check. But i do know that when i break hard on ice now i dont feel the brake pedal kicking back, the car just goes sideways right away.

the guy at the garage is an idiot then, there is a specific way to read ABS codes...actually you can do it yourself with a piece of wire and 5 minutes. check out the shop manual on brakes for more details. let me know if you don't know what that is and i'll pm you the details

FYI : also check the wire that goes under your driver side seats. its related to your abs and airbag.
mine was loose and my abs light was on for about 1 year or 2 until i findled with that wire now my speedometer is finally functional!. thank god!
its always the simple things.

Latest posts

Back