recharge ac?

bamflee84

Like the title says just want to know quickly if anyone knew how to recharge the AC in our cars. I wasn't sure if i can do it or need to take it out to someone. Thank you.

No need. You can get a can of freon at any parts store. I receommend getting one with a gauge on it. There is an a/c line right above the passenger side motor mount that has a blue cap on it, take the cap off and there is a connection for a hose. Turn your car on and a/c on full blast and fill up the a/c by connecting the hose on the can to the connector on the a/c line. Watch the gauge and make sure you don't overfill or the a/c won't work right. It's pretty easy. Hope this helps.

Those DIY kits don't provide leak detection or new o rings. You might have a leak or another issue, and you'll know that if the kit only provides temporary charge.

I don't think i have a leak, my ac works just doesn't seem as cold as quick as it used to. So i might try this and see if it helps get my ac colder a little quicker. Thank you. Any recomendations on brand.

Those DIY kits don't provide leak detection or new o rings. You might have a leak or another issue, and you'll know that if the kit only provides temporary charge.

You can get them with a stop leak as well with a dye so all you need is a black light. Now the orings something your going to have to get on your own

Thank you for the help, went to pep boys and picked up a kit that had two cans , reusable meter and came with the light also. put it on and it read well above the fill marker. So it wasn't that I was low so not sure about that.

Back