FS Engine/Revision/Cam Specs

fsg1 vs fs01

i just bought some fsg1 cams from a junk yard but i have fs01 cams from the block, i have noticed general differances like the gears are differant and the three lines (i assume are for ballance) at the end of the cams are spaced differant. (uhm) my big and most concerning question is can i put the fsg1 cams in a fs01 head?? i have not measured the lope or bearing surface yet but i will do that in literally 5 mins, any real non smart ass answers would be greatly appreciated.

updated fg1vs fs01

add to that cam question i am replacing both cams one of the new cams is a fsg1 and the other is a fsd7

Last edited:
So pistons are same, but if i put in an FS crank and rods too wouldnt that lengthen the stroke making it a 2.0 again?

ya ya, i dont know why i didnt even check. I checked the head to make sure it said fs 3 like my old one, and i checked for the knock sensor, but didnt even notice the big ass FP on the other side. It was behind the exhaust manifold that came on it, and when it came off the turbo went on.

what about putting my FS cams in? that should be better since they are made for a larger CC motor and have more lift that should be great with the turbo right?

also is the block shorter too? i noticed that the brace that goes from the intake down to the block from my fs is too long now. And the wastegate sits lower to the power steering pump.

Old question i know but it wont work.

FS Pistons + Rods + FP Block will expose the top piston ring.

FS Pistons + Rods + Crank + FP Block exceeds deck height by about 1.5-1.75 cm.
(Ken was the person who found this out: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2778396&postcount=12)

why would you want FS cams? FP Cams > FS Cams :)

FP > FS JDM > FS US

So what's the latest in cams??

Is the corksport's exhaustcam really same profile as FS-ZE ex-cam? I guess the distributor drive doesn't matter in istalling it?

Just wondering, 'cos timingbelt change is coming nearer by everykilometre...

Distributor drive doesn't matter. If you have a coil pack motor it doesn't get used and it doesn't interfere with anything. I have heard that it is the same as the ze cam but I don't have the specs handy.

Can anyone tell me more about the FS1E cams? I have an FSH9 intake and need an exhaust cam, and one of these came up for sale. It's supposedly a "torque" cam, so will I see more midrange and low power? Or will it only really make a difference with an FS1E intake cam as well? Thanks in advance guys!

reviving an old thread I am also interested in the FS1E cams. any info on profile/specs? and also did the mpv come with the FSDE in the us or just japan and euro. hoping someone can answer
thanks
Jessie

Misc.
Piston Interchangeability:
FS-DE 9.1:1
FS-DE 9.7:1 (9.1:1 when used with FP-DE)
FS-ZE 10.4:1 (9.7:1 when used with FP-DE)
FS-ZE 10.7:1

I know, really old thread... But still, I need little advice on this, because I just don't seem to understand..
I have euro FS-DE witch has 9.7:1 compression. If I put FP-DE pistons in, will my compression go to 9.1:1 or 10.4:1??

I know, really old thread... But still, I need little advice on this, because I just don't seem to understand..
I have euro FS-DE witch has 9.7:1 compression. If I put FP-DE pistons in, will my compression go to 9.1:1 or 10.4:1??
Your compression will go down to 9.1:1

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I still think this is really confusing.. Because I kinda want to read that quote in other way round, when using FP-DE pistons in 9.7:1 engine, you'll get 10.4:1 CR...
Not like 9.7:1 engine, and 9.1:1 with FP-DE pistons..

But basically this whole thing means, that FS-DE engines has different rod lenghts?

And also this thread makes me even more confused:
http://www.*************.com/showthread.php/2908-Diffrences-between-FS-and-FS-ZE-Engines
There Edwin says using FP-DE pistons will bump the compression up..

PS.
Can someone link me Edwins email, so I could get contact to him?

I still think this is really confusing.. Because I kinda want to read that quote in other way round, when using FP-DE pistons in 9.7:1 engine, you'll get 10.4:1 CR...
Not like 9.7:1 engine, and 9.1:1 with FP-DE pistons..

But basically this whole thing means, that FS-DE engines has different rod lenghts?

And also this thread makes me even more confused:
http://www.*************.com/showthread.php/2908-Diffrences-between-FS-and-FS-ZE-Engines
There Edwin says using FP-DE pistons will bump the compression up..

PS.
Can someone link me Edwins email, so I could get contact to him?
Do some research on rod length between the different engines. If they're all the same then the compression ratio is changed by your piston alone.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back