Leaking right seal

altaski

Where the right front axle comes out I have oil residue collecting dirt on the bottom part below seal on housing. Is this the transfer case leak you all talk about?
Mazda considers this NOT a leak, until it drips!

This is an AWD version correct? That is not the transfer case but, the transmission. I don't think any manufacture regards a minor seal weep as justification to replace a seal.

Last edited:
is it is a seal leak on an awd there is a tsb for the seals to be replaced. Go to your dealership and they shoudl take care of you

leaky seal pic

Here's a picture of the leak

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 294
no, any leak shoudl be taken care of by mazda. We dont do things like GM, take it to the dealer and demand they fix it, it will only leak worse and cause problems down the road, seals and labor - $400 transfer case unit $4500 they will do it

Officially 86'd

I am now officially 86'd from my only dealer within 200 miles, Robberson Ford Mazda in Bend, OR !(alright)
Even after always being nice and courteous to them, always.
The Idea here is that if you never come in for scheduled service (lost income for them), have many warranty issues, that the formula tells them your a bad investment and once your 36k warranty is expired, your HISTORY buddy. And Mazda can do nothing about it. This is why manufacturers hate the dealer network so much.
I own two newer Mazda's. Never again.

PS the dealer is refusing to fix the fuel pump even though it's still a warranty item under the 60k warranty. They are denying I ever brought up a symtom for this issue! Ha.

That is why every time you take a complaint to the dealer, you get the service writer to write it up and you keep a copy. Anything less is heresay

Mazda has been practicing this act for as long as I can remember. I bought knowing however that I'd spend the extra couple bucks doing oil changes at the dealer. That's just life.

now ya tell me

About the invoices. One dealer, Ron Tonkin in Portland,OR flat out lied on the invoice and refused to tell the truth by correcting it.
Robberson, would listen to what you had to say but lie by ommision of certain concerns. Then it was impossible to get them to go back and add the rest of the concerns. They even went so far as to say the computer wiped their entire database and was unrecoverable! Back ups, back ups! It's like trying to fight the cia.

Back