Transmission shifting oddly

altaski

Anyone with the AWD have it shift up to 5-6 by 35 mph? Even 5th by 30. Seems to rely on turbo alot compared to when it was new and before reflash. And the other day it said 2nd but was in 3rd!

FWD or AWD should make little or no difference in the shift program. My car shifts on very light throttle at 8,12,25,36 and ~ 48 mph. If I forget and leave the transmission in manual it will protect itself and do some weird to me shifting

In general, the idea is you'll save gas by using the turbo more at very low RPM's then revving the engine. When I ran trucks, the International's all had an "Economy" button on them which told the Allison 5-spd Auto to shift sooner and use the turbo. The only down side I saw was that out of a fleet of 160 units, I replaced probably 10 turbos within 2 years. Keep in mind however, this may have had nothing to do w/ the shift patterns and more do do w/ the fact that they were heavy duty long distance haulers.

At any rate, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's your computer shifting for fuel economy.

Back