Need Some Help Transmission ABS LIGHT BRake LIGHT and AT light

vickers88

I am having a problem with my 03 p5 tiptronic transmission. Car has 140kms on it.

What is happening is that the ABS light and brake light comes on after driving the car for a short while.

When this happens when you drive around 115 the car just starts gearing down on it own. ON ocassion the AT light would flash .

If you keep the car at 100km or less you would never know anything is wrong with it. Shift smooth .

2 weeks ago I put a turbine sensor or speed sensor depending what you call it. As soon as I installed it . The lights went out and the car seemed to work fine. I am not sure if it was coincidence or not.

Anyways lights are back on and car is acting up again.

Any help or suggestiosn would be great

you didn't mention it so I assume that it isn't, but is the check engine light on? Try checking to see if there are any codes present in the ECU and take care of any of those.

vicker I am having the same problems with my 02.5 ES (tiptronic). I have had the brake lights on for some time now, but assume it is related to my calipers, pads, fluid, or air in the lines. So I will be replacing all of the above this weekend, and seeing how it helps.

but as for the AT light I have the EXACT same problem. I am driving about 70mph and all is fine, around 75mph and the car feels like it misses or gets stuck in a gear, the AT light flashes then all is better in like 30 seconds. I have had a full transmission service and the car shifts stronger, but still has this problem.

also there are no CEL's, but I did hook up a reader just in case, but no codes pop up. Right now I am still searching and trying to diagnosis.

I got no engine light , there is a AT light for the transmission. then the ABS light and Brake light.

I have had the engine scanned nothing came up , I have had the transmission scan no codes came up as well.

I asume I am going to have to bring it to the dealer and let them try and figure it out.

if you take it in let me know what they say.

I am wondering if it could be the OD sensor that goes out on the other mazda automatic transmissions, but since we dont' have an OD light the AT light flahses.

Well , had it checked out took the mazda dealer 4 hours to figure it out but they say it is a abs module causing it.

A new one retails for 2400 dollars, used one for about 500.

That sucks...

ABS module?

did they explain why the ABS module would through the AT light? Or do they think that the AT light is something different?

if it is the module only I would check and see what other mazda vehicles came with the same part, then hit up a pull it yourself junk yard. You should be able to get the part for soemthing like $50.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back