Grinding/screeching noise when turning the steering wheel

dandydaniel

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
I've noticed that when I'm going from Reverse -> First gear, and while I'm turning the wheel so I can get out of a parking spot, I noticed that there is this screeching/grinding noise. I was wondering if this was normal or if I should bring this in to the dealership?

does it sound like a noise you'd hear when you steering wheel is all the way left or right? that could just be the whine of the power steering, and you can just check the fluid real quick to see if the level is good and whatnot.

if it's that same sorta sound u get when sitting on a hill and let the brakes off real light so they kinda make noise as the car moves backwards....

I've had that kinda sound when i turn into a parking spot going slow at full lock... idk what it is, but it's loud and sounds bad. lol. But nothing wrong w/ the car so i just ignore it.

power steering fluid low, what your describing i had in my BMW. ignored it cause it goes away soon after leaving the parking lot, only to find the resevoir bone dry.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing but ... I get a different sound, almost like something is bending, not so much a grinding.

yeah, its not much of a grind. i guess its like a "screech". I haven't noticed it lately. but the car only has 130 miles on it so I'm guessing the power steering fluid isn't low already... or could it be ?_?

yeah, its not much of a grind. i guess its like a "screech". I haven't noticed it lately. but the car only has 130 miles on it so I'm guessing the power steering fluid isn't low already... or could it be ?_?

try checking that can help (deadhorse

check the belt also does it rain alot where you live ? or do you drive by places with oil on the floor alot ?

check the belt also does it rain alot where you live ? or do you drive by places with oil on the floor alot ?

I had this also happening on a previous car, I turned the AC off and it would shut up immediatly, so it could be some screech coming from the belts.

Or maybe some moisture in the pads/disks in the morning?

I had this also happening on a previous car, I turned the AC off and it would shut up immediatly, so it could be some screech coming from the belts.

Or maybe some moisture in the pads/disks in the morning?

some ac and powersettering pumps are using the same belt but for moisture being the problem , i highly doubt it , unless it rained hard even at that i still doubt it

reposted from another Mazda3 forum:

"Aside from the loose rear sway bar I had to have fixed today, I also had them look at a whine when I'd turn the wheel left or right, usually from a stop accelerating in first gear. Turns out, they have a TSB for that. I don't have the TSB number, but here are the part numbers:

4318060-AB: Lubricant 1081033 Quantity: 1
0000-77-5W90-QT: SAE 75W-90 Quantity: 4
9956-41-800: Gasket Quantity: 2

I'm not exactly sure what they did, but he said the noise was actually coming from the transmission. They drained all the fluid, lubricated something, then put more fluid in which I believe is different than stock.

Sorry I can't provide more info, but I figured this would come in handy in the future for some of you. Feel free to ask questions, but I unfortunately can't give you a whole lot of info. All I know is there's a TSB on it and they fixed the noise.

Cheers."

sounds like I'll have to go to the stealership... but yeah, I checked the power steering fluid levels and they're ready like spaghetti. and no it hasn't rained here in the past few months.

Did you find out what the problem was? My CX9 is doing the same thing and the dealer can't find the problem.

Back