Miles Per tank

shaitsta

:
Mazda, Mazdaspeed3, 2008
Just out of curiosity how many miles per tank do you guys get..... i'm averaging about 200-250 max.

I know we have a very small fuel tank....like 13 gallons but that still seems low to me

do you step on the gas at all????

i swear even driving conservatively on the highway i cant get near to 300

If you drive the speed limit you will get 300+. Driving in boost at all and you will be lucky to get 280. Cruise control we let you get awsome gas mileage if you don't set it way above the speed limit.

Just out of curiosity how many miles per tank do you guys get..... i'm averaging about 200-250 max.

I know we have a very small fuel tank....like 13 gallons but that still seems low to me

i believe it about 14 gallons ...

are u driving more local streets? If you drive mostly highway or freeway you should get a little over 300miles a tank and if your only driving local streets you probably only getting about 19-20mpg so 250miles a tank sounds about right.

I'm getting around 300 miles per tank, mainly local roads and sometimes highway with the cruise control set at 65mphs. Try shifting early: below/around 2500 rmps.

Yeah 14.5 gallon tank is not that small, thats actually on the big side for a 4cylinder motor. But i say if 2 liter s2000(AP1) can get 300 mpg there is no reason the 2.3 liter cant if u drive right!

would gas octane matter? would 91oct be worse then 93oct (or visa vesra?)

I'm getting about 300-320 per tank and my commute is roughly 75% highway miles doing 75-80mph. I've really been trying to keep the speed around 70mph lately, but what can I say? I like driving fast and this car handles speed so well. Up here in Jersey, if you're not doing 85mph, you'll get pushed off the side of the road by everyone who's in a rush to go nowhere. I'm really trying to leave the house 5 minutes early so I can do 65-70 instead of 75-80. I also notice that when the low fuel light comes on, my car only takes about 10.5 gallons of gas, which means there's 4 gallons left in there. That's kind of a conservative reserve if you ask me. I mean you can go another 100 miles on that. I've taken the gauge needle BELOW the "E" line and it still only took about 12.8 gallons. I don't think I'll go any further than that though. The most I've gotten so far is about 350 miles to the tank. I can see this car getting over 400 miles on a long highway trip though.

Yup, totally depends on type of driving. The most I've gotten is 425 miles, which was 100% highway. The least I've had is ~190 with 100% city (<35 mph, stopping every block, etc.).

In fact, I went directly from a 15 mpg tank, to a 32 mpg tank.

I just plan to fill up once the computer reads zero miles remaining, and know that there are still about 2 gallons left.

I get about 300 miles every 12G of gas..Everytime I fill it takes about 12.5G to fill.I drive in mostly stop and go traffic.I have a 32 mile drive each way to work everyday with about 30 stop lights and Im in the boost alot.So in the end I get about 300-320 per tank.

The only thing that will lower gas prices is to cut demand. To cut demand you must drive slower to get better economy. I'm all for speeding/racing, but we need the national highway speeds to be lowered to 55 again. This s*** is getting way out of hand.

How come when the price of crude drops, the price at the pumps never show such change??? The reason is that the refiners have been making so little profit to keep demand up that for whatever amount crude goes down, they will soak up in extra profit. It is a rigged system that only consumers can solve. That is why we are all ******. :)

I get about 300 miles every 12G of gas..Everytime I fill it takes about 12.5G to fill.I drive in mostly stop and go traffic.I have a 32 mile drive each way to work everyday with about 30 stop lights and Im in the boost alot.So in the end I get about 300-320 per tank.

300-320 per tank with stop and go driving? That' pretty impressive. I would have guess more like 225-250 miles.

I am still not up against the wall on gas prices, but damn. It cost me $58.00 to fill my tank today with 93 octane. Holy schnikes thats expensive for a lously 12.x gallons of gas....

The only thing that will lower gas prices is to cut demand.

thats actually the opposite of correct. as long as there are more hybrids and alt fuel vehicles being made and fuel economy keeps going up.. then the prices will rise. they will make the same amount of money on a barrel as they always have and will continue to make that amount. you cut the amount of barrels down that they export to america.. theyll charge more for em.

Back