CX-9 Navigation

rbelcast

Hi! I want to install the factory navigation system in my 2007 CX-9. Can this be done now, and do I need to purchase anything else besides the gps antenna? Thanks in advance for any info!

Save yourself the money. The GPS that comes with the syste really sucks. Go buy a bottom of the line Garmin, TomTom or Magellan and you'll get 100% better than the Mazda Denso system. Go get a higher-end model with bluetooth voice, live update etc, and you'll get something 1000% better.

Or just research your trip before you leave like we do with Street Atlas USA and you really don't need ANY gps in the car. Anything really tricky we print out before we leave, too.
We also take the laptop with us on long trips so we can review routes as we go in case our plans change. You get a LOT more info, and on a larger screen.

thanks SeCX-9 for your comments.Actually, I 'm also looking for a very good navigation system to replace my stereo system but, the problem is the not any Nav. syst will fit in my CX9. you know that CX9 audio place has a unique shape.

so if you could help me to find the right place where I can buy it from e.g. website will be useful.

regards,

zadjalous

thanks SeCX-9 for your comments.Actually, I 'm also looking for a very good navigation system to replace my stereo system but, the problem is the not any Nav. syst will fit in my CX9. you know that CX9 audio place has a unique shape.

so if you could help me to find the right place where I can buy it from e.g. website will be useful.

regards,

zadjalous

There is nothing that you can install that connects to the video screen/touch screen navigation. You can only use a portable NAV system.

Go buy a Megallen, Garmin or TomTom with bluetooth hands-free and you'll have a system that is 100% better and portable to a rental car.

Not sure how it will fit, when the dashboard panel is a completely different layout. There is no LCD screen and the temperature control buttons are in it's place on the non-NAV systems. You would need to purchase the front dash panels, pieces and hope that your existing wiring and buttons would retrofit into the NAV center panel piece.

Besides, those maps on the Eclipse model you indicate, look like the Denso system which has a bad user interface.

Back