Electrical Issues

scatt nasty

Banned
:
08 Metropolitan Grey Mazdaspeed 3
Other night got home and went to go inside. I noticed my keyless entry wasnt working so that I could set my alarm. Upon further investigation I discovered that my interior lights dont work, and my display screen for the radio/ac etc does not turn on at all. Also everytime the vehicle is turned on the previous trip storage is erased and set to 0. My ac still works and exterior lighting is fine. Oh and when i start my car, i dont know if it did this before, but my needles on the display gauges bounce and appear to be going crazy for a few seconds before they set properly.--- What do you guys think ? Blown fuses ? I have an appt at the dealership next tuesday...

My wife parked her mazda 3 in the driveway for 5 minutes when she went back out it wouldnt start. We left for vacation the next week and did not have time to get it looked at as this was on the night of MAy 22 and it was memorial day weekend.

This weekend we jumped it and drove it down to autozone to have them test the battery/alternator. Alternator was producing power so we bought a new battery and it starts fine now with the new battery.

She has every issue you mentioned along with her interior door locks do not work. I checked the radio fuses as its all we noticed not working after changing the battery out. The radio fuse appeared fine and now all the other issues she found today.

I'm calling a dealership now as I assume no regular auto shop would have a chnace at diagnosing this rather widespread electrical issue.

Anyone with information please advise. Obviously this has happened to more than a couple of people.

dealer said the computer was reset when i disconnected the battery....

I can try to reset it again by disconnecting the negative battery terminal and the reconnecting it. If this does nto work it will cost me around $100 for the dealer to reset the computer so that everything works.....

Anyone else know of another easier way to reset the computer to fix my issues?

I dont know if this has happened with other people.

Generally though you will probably have a short. From another forum, it seems our interior lights, radio, + LCD thing are all on the same fuse. I don't have a fuse box diagram/pinout so I can't help, but thats were your problem will be.

As for reseting your ECU, I don't think that will fix anything. but the way you do it is by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for about 5 minutes, then put it back on.

I'll try resetting the ECU.

I checked the fuse for the radio. I will check some of the other fuses but I owuld not have thought that I blew all of the fuses for the wide range of devices mentioned.

Power door locks
Radio
Interior dome lights
Trip odometer resetting everytime the car is started

None seem related to me.

Note that all the stuff not working is powered from a non-switched source. The battery has two fuses, one switched and one not. If you check for the non-switched one, you will probably find the problem.

I'll try resetting the ECU.

I checked the fuse for the radio. I will check some of the other fuses but I owuld not have thought that I blew all of the fuses for the wide range of devices mentioned.

Power door locks
Radio
Interior dome lights
Trip odometer resetting everytime the car is started

None seem related to me.

Doesn't matter how unrelated they are, it doesnt take 15 amps to run your lights, but you still use a 15 amp fuse. why? because their is alot more s*** on that one fuse than just the lights

Check fuse F31 in the main fuse block under the hood. This would explain the radio, info display, remote unlocking receiver, and interior lights.

scatt, did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same symptoms after blowing and then replacing the main fuse

I think someone had some similar problems when they added a LED interior light that had shorted. Trying to find the post now.

Back