rough idling and vac leak + check engine

Lithius

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey guys so i noticed with my gauge that i had a leak but i couldnt find the leak anywhere and then i noticed the car wanting to choke when i idle. PLus the check engine came on. Now i was wondering if the egr could cause a leak by fixing that problem would it solve the rest????

Thanks

egr wont cause a vacume leak . as far as the rough idle if you have a vacuem leak id proabably say it was from the leak. go and have the code pulled at autozone or where ever. if your on the stock vacume lines that could explain it becuase they are prone to cracking becuase they are hard plastic especially the wastegate line. replace all your lines and then see if you still have one.

Ryan aka Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!!! U can replace my vacuum lines whenever ur ready lol.

I just replaced all my vac lines and fixed a few leaks with a homemade boost leak tester and still have a small leak somewhere? I guess I need to find a shop with a smoke machine!

http://*************.com/mazdaspeed.htm has them in a pack ok i guess its the lines ill probably will change it all

smoke machine lol.. just get a whole bunch of smokers blowing in your vacuum lines. A lineup one after the other "ok keep it going!"

There really is a smoke machine that pressurized the intake system to find leaks...not sure if you thought I was joking.

Back