08 Mazda5 GT Moderate Audio Upgrade?

08M5GTGSP

:
08 Mazda5 GT w/Sirius Satellite & Autodim Mirror/Compass/Homelnk
Just got an '08 GT and looking to "flesh out" the sound the stereo makes.

I'm no tuner or audiophile; I like the treble and midrange sounds, but am just looking for a bit more oomph from the bass. Should I just look to add a subwoofer? Would doing that compromise my interior space at all? Anyone with experience here?

Thanks!

I would agree with your accessment. I have a feeling if you look up the sound deadening thread you will see some pictures that will interest you. I would think sealing off the front of the speaker from the rear backwave would increase the bass response of the factory speakers greatly. Just doing that alone might get you what you are after.

I would agree with your accessment. I have a feeling if you look up the sound deadening thread you will see some pictures that will interest you. I would think sealing off the front of the speaker from the rear backwave would increase the bass response of the factory speakers greatly. Just doing that alone might get you what you are after.

Thanks! I'm in no way mechanically or technically inclined; is this something I could expect a local car audio dealer to be able to do for a reasonable price?

Yes. Check out the post before deciding on what to do. You might find that you could do this yourself or with some help from some other Mazda (or other car) friends.

I was thinking the same powered sub!! right under the drivers seat. I was even thing about two one under each seat lol. I can't bring myself to put my other system in there since it is the family car. But my wife and I do crave a better sound its just lacking in the bass department. But today I was driving stopped at my mothers house get back in the car and the radio does'nt work now. Looks like I'm visiting the warrenty fairy

I just got my 5 today (whoohoo!), and noticed the distinct lack of bass. How difficult was this to install? Does the factory stereo (non-Navi) have sub/amp hookups?

Thanks!

I installed an Infinity Basslink II in mine. It was technically easy. Physically, it wasn't that bad either. You tap into the wires from the back speakers for the signal. Getting to the back speakers is a little tricky, but nothing too serious. You also have to run the power lead from the sub up to the battery. I ran mine up the passenger side kick panels and into the engine bay where the wire loom goes through behind the glove box. The whole thing took about 5 hours for me and I work very slowly.

I put my sub on the driver side behind the 3rd seat. Instead of bolting it to the floor, I used bungie cords which I attached to the cargo net hook. That way I can easily remove it when I haul stuff.

It really does a good job rounding out the bass. I am very happy with mine.

I installed an Infinity Basslink II in mine. It was technically easy. Physically, it wasn't that bad either. You tap into the wires from the back speakers for the signal. Getting to the back speakers is a little tricky, but nothing too serious. You also have to run the power lead from the sub up to the battery. I ran mine up the passenger side kick panels and into the engine bay where the wire loom goes through behind the glove box. The whole thing took about 5 hours for me and I work very slowly.

I put my sub on the driver side behind the 3rd seat. Instead of bolting it to the floor, I used bungie cords which I attached to the cargo net hook. That way I can easily remove it when I haul stuff.

It really does a good job rounding out the bass. I am very happy with mine.

I'm not a do-it-yourselfer.... Is there anything I can look for at local audio shops/Best Buy, etc. that can be placed in an inconspicuous place? Or, would just a set of higher-quality speakers do the job? My partner has an '08 Saab 9-3, and the regular stereo sounds fantastic, and has no separate subwoofer that I know of. I want that kind of sound, and if there's a way to do it without adding extra devices to the vehicle, that'd be a definite plus.

Back