Question for you non-Bose CX7s

hectik1

Contributor
Does your sound leveling work? The reason why I ask..it doesn't work on our 07 sport. Didn't think anything of it until I picked up my 08 MS3 Sport (no Bose) and the leveling system works great.

The other thing I notice is that between the both....the MS3 sounds a lot better. The volume at 10 is well over 20 in the CX7. The MS3 actually has bass while the CX7 has NONE. I think something is wrong.(argh)

Sounds normal. Mine sound leveling is not that noticeable either. Will probably be upgrading the factory speakers shortly to get a little better sound quality.

Sounds normal. Mine sound leveling is not that noticeable either. Will probably be upgrading the factory speakers shortly to get a little better sound quality.
Mine is not noticable....it doesn't work at all. No difference whatsoever anytime.(dunno) Same crappy sound.

My wife has 07 Sport and hers works fine. I hate it though and always turn it off. If I want my music louder or quieter I'll do it manually. As to the sound quality... are you used to aftermarket speakers? My wife's stockers sucked compared to all the cars we've had before (I do customer audio installs). So I swapped some 6.5" components in there and added a JL Audio 12w0v3 and the car sounds phenomenal now.

My wife has 07 Sport and hers works fine. I hate it though and always turn it off. If I want my music louder or quieter I'll do it manually. As to the sound quality... are you used to aftermarket speakers? My wife's stockers sucked compared to all the cars we've had before (I do customer audio installs). So I swapped some 6.5" components in there and added a JL Audio 12w0v3 and the car sounds phenomenal now.

***First Post****

I have a 2008 CX-7 Sport. In fact I just got it 3 weeks ago. Mine works fine but I agree with Liquid. I will control my levels.

Liquid, got any pics of your setup. I am looking to upgrade my audio. The OEM just doesn't have the clarity I am looking for. I am thinkink about putting in 4 Infinity Kappas and maybe a sub. I do not want to lose all my cargo space (what little there is). I am interested in the Pioneer Avic-Z3 also. It has all you need for your audio/video/nav fix and it is modular so you can spread out the upgrades.

mine sounds good for stock...could use more treble..im adding an alpine type x 10 inch woofer with a rockford bd1000 amp :)

On my vehicle is works great. You can adjust it; I believe it gives you a 0 through 9 adjustment. I keep mine at 6 and it's just right.

Back