Front Differential Seal Leak

AJsMSP

:
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
So I am taking down the plastic pan under the engine and see some fluid on it. First thing that came to mind was did I leave something loose the last time I did and oil change. Upon further investigation, I find that the driver side differential seal is leaking. I have about 7200 miles on it. Anyone else have a problem with the front differential yet? Still have yet to make an appointment to have it fixed.

So I am taking down the plastic pan under the engine and see some fluid on it. First thing that came to mind was did I leave something loose the last time I did and oil change. Upon further investigation, I find that the driver side differential seal is leaking. I have about 7200 miles on it. Anyone else have a problem with the front differential yet? Still have yet to make an appointment to have it fixed.

Same thing here ... mine is real small I check it often never seems to really fall below level though.... keep an eye on your rear axel seals too my driver side leaks

its funny i just had this problem. The dealership replaced my entire transfer case. I had no clue it was a common problem or even a TSB.

jaxjeff is right, lol i'm his mechanic and check it often, is always wet but never seem to drop below specs.

My transfer casing seal was also leaking! The dealer ended up resealing and then noticed that the crank casing seal was leaking as well. This is crazy because my speed6 only has 16Kmiles on it. Anyways, it took the dealer about a week to get everything fixed. I'll wait another week until I take a look beneath and see if all leaks are completely sealed.

Back