***class Action Lawsuit***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrguy19

Well i just purchased a 5 about 2 weeks ago....after doing some research after the fact...i notice the same issue runs wild here.....TIRES (uneven wear/tear).....

Its obvious this issue is due to Mazda goofing something up when desgining/adapting the suspension to this body. The writting is on the wall.
We can all assume and speculate that its...tires/bushings/camber/ etc....
Its NOT our job to find the problem...ITS MAZDA'S JOB.

How can Mazda ignore us all and turn the other way........this is a safety issue, think about we (must of us) purchaed this vehicle to haul our FAMILY....PEPOLE OUR FAMILY!!! Around town..

Are they going to wait until accidents start to build on the highway resulting in (God for bid) death,injury before they do something......

Hey MAZDA (if you reading this), whats more important, your customer safety/rentention or your $$$$.......Its your call.

I recommend we start start taking meausre's into our own hands.......
Start a petention or even going as far as hiring a lawyer......anyone heard of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Sincerly,
Manny O.
Los Angeles,CA

Well i just purchased a 5 about 2 weeks ago....after doing some research after the fact...i notice the same issue runs wild here.....TIRES (uneven wear/tear).....

Its obvious this issue is due to Mazda goofing something up when desgining/adapting the suspension to this body. The writting is on the wall.
We can all assume and speculate that its...tires/bushings/camber/ etc....
Its NOT our job to find the problem...ITS MAZDA'S JOB.

How can Mazda ignore us all and turn the other way........this is a safety issue, think about we (must of us) purchaed this vehicle to haul our FAMILY....PEPOLE OUR FAMILY!!! Around town..

Are they going to wait until accidents start to build on the highway resulting in (God for bid) death,injury before they do something......

Hey MAZDA (if you reading this), whats more important, your customer safety/rentention or your $$$$.......Its your call.

I recommend we start start taking meausre's into our own hands.......
Start a petention or even going as far as hiring a lawyer......anyone heard of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Sincerly,
Manny O.
Los Angeles,CA

So lemme get this straight.....You have your 5 for 2 weeks and I'm assuming you personally haven't experienced any tire wear problems (yet), but yet you're ready to launch a class action lawsuit......(uhm)
Well good luck with that........

So lemme get this straight.....You have your 5 for 2 weeks and I'm assuming you personally haven't experienced any tire wear problems (yet), but yet you're ready to launch a class action lawsuit......(uhm)
Well good luck with that........

Your RIGHT...I did just purchased my 5 and I havent had any tires issues as of YET.......So that means when you notice something wrong in the picture your the type who keeps on walking.

But just typical how this issues gets swepped under carpet....

2003 Mazda MPV LX - Vogtlands & Tokicos
2006 Mazda 5 GT - H&Rs, Fujita CAI, Front Splitter
1988 Mazda 323 GT - Tokicos, H&R, 240SX Wheels (My baby)

Telling by your SIG, you stand by Mazda.....but i think enough is enough......
Just the way I would stand by VW (when I owned my Jette, thru thick and thin), but at least they had recalls... to correct issues like these, espically dealing with customer safety.

i've had my mazda5 for almost 2 years now, and 54000km, and i have not had any uneven tire wear....

just my 2 cents.

Wow!

Speaking in general I think that most OEM tires suck. I couldn't wait to replace the Goodyears that came stock on my '96 Jetta and do a search on the forums in regards to the stock Dunlops for the Protege5. You will find many complaints that they are horrible in the rain, snow etc etc.

Keep in mind that the goal with OEM tires is to suck you in during the test drive. They want a tire that will be quiet (initially) and hold up to what you may throw at it in that short time.

As for VW....they (Corporate) didn't want to stand behind me when I had my issues, so the work was done under warranty and I traded it in shortly thereafter and vowed to never buy another.

You may also want to list the tire manufacturer in your lawsuit too. After all, it may not be entirely Mazda at fault. lol

my guess, for this to be successful, you will have to PROVE that there is a problem with all mazda5's produced, AND PROVE that mazda is choosing to do nothing about it. i think you'll have a hard time doing either.

my guess, for this to be successful, you will have to PROVE that there is a problem with all mazda5's produced, AND PROVE that mazda is choosing to do nothing about it. i think you'll have a hard time doing either.

I agree with your comments...I've had my Mazda5 for 2yrs 4mths and I haven't had any problems with tire wear. But I'm going to stay out of this discussion thread going forward as my last comment seemed to have ruffeld some of mrguy19's feathers......:p

I agree with your comments...I've had my Mazda5 for 2yrs 4mths and I haven't had any problems with tire wear. But I'm going to stay out of this discussion thread going forward as my last comment seemed to have ruffeld some of mrguy19's feathers......:p

Im not upset......we know OEM tires suck and are not suppose to last long....
but look at the wear and tear they are leaving behind.......

I know you guys love your 5....I do too......but how can you this be ignored by Mazda....thast all im saying plus a little more....

BTW.....when you brought up fight club, istarted to laugh too,

Im not upset......we know OEM tires suck and are not suppose to last long....
but look at the wear and tear they are leaving behind.......

I know you guys love your 5....I do too......but how can you this be ignored by Mazda....thast all im saying plus a little more....

how do you know its being ignored by mazda? how hard are you driving the car? are you only driving in a straight line? (doubt it) are you personally experiencing a problem? how many individual users are reporting a problem? if you feel the car is unsafe, get rid of it. maybe ralph nader will buy it from you.

uneven tire wear can be caused by many things such as your driving style, braking, brake wear, etc.... Good luck trying to prove Mazda being at fault.

Is this happening just with the 5, or with the other models as well? My MS3 is only a few months old but the wheels look like they clearly have some negative camber. You could argue that my treadwear does or does not support that claim.....

lol, good point. you win teh prize! Mazda's one thing, just try taking Volvo down on said safety violation... (hahaspit)

Wikipedia said:
Among all of the cars, the floorpan is different, but the front- and rear-subframes, suspension, steering, braking, safety, and electrical components are shared.

Vehicles currently using this platform include the following:

2003 – Ford Focus C-Max (European, First vehicle on this platform)
2004 – Mazda 3 (Code name J48)
2005 – Ford Focus (International) (American Focuses will continue on the old C170 platform through to 2009)
2004 – Volvo S40 sedan (code name P11)
2004 – Volvo V50 station wagon (code name P12)
2006 – Mazda 5
2006 – Volvo C70 coupe/convertible (code name P15)
2007 – Volvo C30 (code name P14)

its a world-wide platform, too, not just the USA. so, yeah, good luck with that.

I don't see too many non-UK version having this problem. My Saab 9-5 had wear issues on the rears... Just rotate often, and you'll be fine.

Maybe the UK versions haven't been tuned for the other engine variations and road angle.

dont you guys do any research BEFORE you buy a car? you gain nothing by doing the research AFTER you've bought it. AND, the majority of tire wear problems are alignment related, not platform related. the car leaves the factory with an alignment "just" good enough to get it from the factory to the boat to the dealer. then, the dealer is "supposed" to do a pre-delivery alignment on the car. if they didn't, tire wear is going to be exceptionally excessive. and even if they did perform the alignment, i highly doubt it was a precision alignment that most modern cars and tires require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back