Help me clean my engine please?

OhSchnapps

:
2001 Maza 626 ES (Black)
Ok, so here is my 2001 mazda 626's engine. Click on the thumbnails to make them much bigger.

As you can see, there is rust and/or corrosion build up on it. Is it dangerous, can i clean it, and how do i clean it? If you need more pictures of any certain part, let me know.

If anyone could help me out here, that'd be great. I'm not so worried about the rust on the engine, so much as i am worried about the stuff on the wires and such (like what's in the third picture, next to the belt). Yes, i just noticed that the pictures are a bit blurry. I could try to get clearer pictures if you want.

Last edited:
The rust and corrosion is going to be hard to clean unless you start tearing down the engine and cleaning them part by part. So it may not be worth it. But if you do, just clean em, and then spray them with a heat treat water seal kind of stuff. The third picture is your power steering pump.
So unless it has to be cleaned, or if your going to mod the mechanical aspect, then i wouldnt worry about getting all that off. Everythings working right? if so, let it be. As for wires, if you just want the dirt off, brake clean will work wonders. If they are brittal, All I can say, is be gental.

Ok. I just want to make sure that the corrosion won't get worse and damage anything. I'm pretty sure this car is going to remain bone stock (i am looking for a manual version of the exact car, if anyone knows of anyone), so as long as you think this isn't going to get worse, i can leave it.

Back