Q on DTS surround support for Oz BOSE 277w system

BRJ

Hi guys - great active forum! Just picked up a OZ CX9 Luxury this week (very impressed on all accounts!). Have been a Toyota devotee for 20 years so was a leap of faith but I am very impressed with the Mazda.

I've been scaning through the oz Manual for the vehicle (that I assume only mentions those features in the Oz spec vehicles) and it mentions on pg 6-50 something about 5.1 DolbyDigital/DTS audio CD support for the BOSE 277w installed system?

Given the manual seems to refer to the base car specs (ie: this doesn't mention DVD specific features as that isnt' a base option) my question is to see if anyone know if the 10 speaker 277w BOSE system does in fact support DTS/DolbyDigital?

Reading the specs on the MP3 support it says I think that it supports sampling rates up to about 300Kbps odd and filename must end in .mp3. I took up one of my DTS Audio CDs (admittedly encoded in the default 768kbs DTS default). DTS encoded media I don't think is MP3 - so I don't know if the MP3 bitrate restriction applies to DolbyDigital or DTS.

Has anyone managed to get DTS playback on this unit? Was any resampling required if so? If so are there any words of advice to make this possible? I've got a large DTS library for my house system that it would be great to try out in the car.

Many thanks!

Cheers

BRJ (uhm)

Back