fuse f69 keeps blowing

riccitelli

:
speed3
my ms3 went to the dealership about a week ago for fuse 69 blowing. they told me it was from my boost gauge being tapped into it, but the electrical conn. for my gauge are tied to my cig. lighter. but just in these past 2 days the same fuse keeps blowing every time i shift outta 1st gear and i have to pull the car over and change the fuse because it must control my ecu due to the fact my car shuts off. just the motor that is, my radio works blinkers lights everything but the car starting. the manual says the fuse controls other electrical circuits. i would like to know if any one would know why this is happening or a wiring diagram so i can check it out before i bring it to the dealer thanks

my ms3 went to the dealership about a week ago for fuse 69 blowing. they told me it was from my boost gauge being tapped into it, but the electrical conn. for my gauge are tied to my cig. lighter. but just in these past 2 days the same fuse keeps blowing every time i shift outta 1st gear and i have to pull the car over and change the fuse because it must control my ecu due to the fact my car shuts off. just the motor that is, my radio works blinkers lights everything but the car starting. the manual says the fuse controls other electrical circuits. i would like to know if any one would know why this is happening or a wiring diagram so i can check it out before i bring it to the dealer thanks

The first thing you need to do (if you haven't done it already - you didn't say so) is disconnect the boost gauge! If it keeps happening then make the dealer fix the problem. If it stops, figure out what went wrong with your gauge.

yea i was going to do that today the only reason y i did not do it sooner is because when the fuse blows the gauge is still on but im going to give that a shot and see how it goes

Fuse protects the following circuits, according to a PJB connector pinout diagram:

fuel pump relays, fuel injector relay, ignition coils, PCM, transaxle control module

sounds like a trip to the dealer service dept is in order here. Those circuits got nothing to do with the cig lighter, and indicates something is wrong with the pcm or other engine control circuits.

Fuse protects the following circuits, according to a PJB connector pinout diagram:

fuel pump relays, fuel injector relay, ignition coils, PCM, transaxle control module

do you have wiring diagrams of the speed 3 please?

got the car back and the t-bolt clamp from my cai nicked 2 wires and where shorting out they didnt cover me under warnty and charged me $612 plus never fixed it i had to go home and do the fix myself good thing im an electrican and i do these kinds of thing everyday but very pissed at the dealer

also have pixs if people want to see so they can avoid this just have to get them to the computer there kinda crappy from all the light

Last edited:
So what was the $612 dollar charge for? If it's just for labor to find the problem, I'd say they were pretty crappy diagnosticians - after all, they have the wiring diagrams and know which components the fuse handles.

Back