Anyone considering the TRZ Dogbone Motor Mount.......

nytmar3

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Just f'ing do it. I just got through putting mine on. What an amazing difference. Shifts are smooth clean and crisp. The car drives like it's suposed to. The car sounds better, has a nice rumble. The vibrations are not bad at all. I got the poly mount.

Last edited:
I love my motor mount... best mod I think I have done to date on the car. The driving experience is completely different and love the vibrations... I guess Im weird lol..

I agree with D Roc, I just put my new one in tonight. It changes the driving experience. definitely. It's kinda cool. Hopefully i dont get tired of the vibes. I had corksport inserts before putting this in tonight.

I have the poly and all you need really is a jack jackstands rachet and like a 17mm socket. Theres a how to in the how to area if your interested.

D Roc, does yours vibe bad when starting out in first (under 2k rpms)? Did it go away over time? That's my biggest gripe so far. I think ill get used to the vibes though. thanks!

Is this mount more or less likely to fail a la the pre-recall one?

Mine was one of the wrecked MS3s and I don't ever want to see my engine bay look like it did that day....

D Roc, does yours vibe bad when starting out in first (under 2k rpms)? Did it go away over time? That's my biggest gripe so far. I think ill get used to the vibes though. thanks!

mines does, and im sure they all do.(boom02) its not that bad after 2k, but still, its a pain "on" your ass and ears. EVERYTHING SHAKES!! AND I HATE IT(blarf) the dask already had the creeps from stock, now, if you dont have the radio on, OMG! you even see the mirrors shake on the low rpms.
yes, the driving is super crisp! but i dont care how good it drives, the vibes are bad!!!! those vibes are a hefty price to pay for the good driving.
check this, 8 out of 10 of my best performance oriented friends, say that the car sounds like s*** and feels like there is something wrong!
that along with the everyday driving observations, i knew i needed to change.

so i just got a used AWR 70 for daily use today
the days im down for hardcore driving, ill slap the TRZ.
thats what that mount is made for. straight up Track!!!

sorry boyz, i coudnt take it anymore.
u are all (screwy)

I would say this mount is easily less likely to fail than the stock one.

Also I'm not sure why people who are concerned with some minor vibrations are upgrading their cars??? This is a performance modification, if your not into communicating with your car, spend your money elsewhere. I for one hope the vibrations DON'T settle down.

check this, 8 out of 10 of my best performance oriented friends, say that the car sounds like s*** and feels like there is something wrong!

Check this.....8 out of 10 of your best performance oriented friends don't know anything about cars....you might want to get advice elsewhere.(direct)

im gonna keep because its an excellent product,
just that the vibes take away from the creature comfort. cmon, lets be real, it just doenst "vibe". my friends S U mount vibes, this thing SHAKES.
just my 2 cents, everyone has their own opinion.

Yeah it vibes like crazy when I first start it.. but dies down a lil bit when idling and when I start accelerating. Ive only had it on for not even a thousand miles. I really hope the vibes dont go away, cause I really do like them.

im gonna keep because its an excellent product,
just that the vibes take away from the creature comfort. cmon, lets be real, it just doenst "vibe". my friends S U mount vibes, this thing SHAKES.
just my 2 cents, everyone has their own opinion.

Youd really hate the delrin mount then... cause its straight up hardcore race ready. Im glad I got the poly mount instead.

Is this mount more or less likely to fail a la the pre-recall one?

Mine was one of the wrecked MS3s and I don't ever want to see my engine bay look like it did that day....

the TRZ replaces the rear mount, not the recall mount. although they are working on the side mounts right now

lol...i could never go for this then...i just took out my CS inserts last night because i couldnt stand the extra vibes. All you guys that say "its not noticeable" or "it goes away in a day" or two are effin crazy! I was seriously starting to think it was my suspension because i installed it the same day i did my suspension mods and the vibes had been annoying me since. On the way home yesterday i got fed up of worrying what it was and decided to take them out...ah....relief....back to normal. Ya the engine rocks a bit more now but who are we kidding, these are sub 270hp daily drivers not race cars i can do without the extra vibes and bad shifting. Kudos to those of you who have convinced yourself otherwise (bowdown)

Back