Black MS3 rock chips

Haxir

:
mazdaspeed 3 GT 2008 CWP
I just got my Black MS3 like a month ago or less. Drove it 1,100 miles to las vegas to live here. And i just did an indepth cleaning/wax job, and noticed a couple very tiny rock chips. Is there a compound that can cover and fill it in? Also i some how got a tiny scratch on the top of the car right above the passenger door. Hopein to find somthin i can use to cover these up, LMK please (pissed)

If I were you I would get them fixed professionally, then get a nose bra for long trips like that. Think about it, you could have spent $125 on the bra and saved yourself about $200-$300 in repairs.
As for a quick fix, you could use a touch up paint but with the metallic paint we have it would be hard to do correctly and make it look right and last. That's why I say, just get it fixed professionally.

yeah, i was gonna get the clear bra, but i just didnt have enough time from packing and s***. I got the car 1 week b4 the move. Ill have to find a place here in vegas that does the clear bra's

will do. The 2 tiny rock chips are so small tho, very hard to even see. What kind of place would i take it for the paint fix?

The best I could tell ya is a Mazda dealer cause I know nothing about the Vegas area, but they are going to charge you out the ass. I would go in the Nevada forum and post something asking about reputable body shops in the area you live in. Then just shop around and compare. No matter where you decide, make sure they gaurantee their work.

If it's an everyday driver you're going to get chips/scratches here and there regardless if you get a bra or not...they some how always appear in the most inconvenient places...just touch up the chips with some touch up paint if they're small and use a fine compound for the scratch...don't waste your money on the body shop just yet.

If it's an everyday driver you're going to get chips/scratches here and there regardless if you get a bra or not...they some how always appear in the most inconvenient places...just touch up the chips with some touch up paint if they're small and use a fine compound for the scratch...don't waste your money on the body shop just yet.

True. If it's just the clear coat that was damaged, you should be fine with a cheap repair. But if you see any bare metal, it's best to get it painted.

The scratch isnt TOO deep, i seel silver, so i think paint is gone. But the chips, idk, hard to tell, they may have gone deeper than the clear coat.

It's up to you. I just telling you what I would do. I am extremely OCD when it comes to my cars. Last time I had a bad run in with rock chips on my Audi I had the whole car repainted in House of Kolor back with 6 coats of clear. The paint looks so deep, you would think you could swim in it. I'll post a pic.
But anyway, back on topic. If you see metal, I would at least ask around and get and estimate on how much it would cost to repair. At least the one with the bare metal showing. That's just waking for more paint to peel away, and more damage to be done to your paint. Think about it, now there is nothing protecting that clear coat, paint, or bare metal where the scratch/chip is.

Here's a pic of the Audi's paint...

P3310021-1.jpg

P4010001.jpg

Back