Damn it!! (Side mirror cover exploded!!)

Erci

:
2003.5 Mazda p5
So I'm just driving along on a highway minding my own business and suddenly BAM!! Something hits my driver side mirror HARD! Suddenly the glass is pointing to the ground and I can see the cover is no longer seated properly (sticking out a bit). When I finally got to my destination I checked the mirror and it's worse than I expected :( There's actually a 1 inch hole right in the center of the cover! The 1 inch piece is still inside the mirror.
I assume I can just gently pull the cover out? (Looks like it just snaps in).
Better question is.. is there any way to get just the cover without buying the whole mirror assembly??

DG makes carbon fiber covers for the mirrors on our cars. It'll more than likely be cheaper to put those on than to get a new cover from the dealer.

DG makes carbon fiber covers for the mirrors on our cars. It'll more than likely be cheaper to put those on than to get a new cover from the dealer.

Excellent! Now.. how do I find them? I did a google search for DG, DG racing, DG import and none of those brought up the company site *shrug*

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks! I ended finding a used complete mirror on eBay that same day that I won for $30 shipped :D Only issue is it is silver. I am going to have to do some painting.

I gotta admit, those cf side mirrors are pretty hot. that's gotta be at least 10whp (about as much as my shark fin) (just kidding) (but seriously, the mirror covers are hot)

Back