How To: remove rear door panel and liftgate trim panel

Can anyone help me on how to remove the rear (trunk) door panel of the CX-7? I wanted to install a backing up camera and i wanted to do the wirings myself. Thanks.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me on how to remove the rear (trunk) door panel of the CX-7? I wanted to install a backing up camera and i wanted to do the wirings myself. Thanks.

there is a little plastic door on the bottom of the panel, as I remember. you open that up and start pulling. as you go around the edge, it's best if you have a plastic pin remover (basically some flat thingy to get the clips out faster). But I think you can just pull and pull. When you get to the top portion, I remember you have to turn some clips to get the panel completely out. You may not need to take the whole thing of though.

Per the service manual....

Here you go my friend.....

Service manual is helpful but a bit hard to read sometimes. I hope this is what you were looking for? I just received the manual from a seller on Ebay. I paid $85 delivered, but the next buyer bought them for $30. Oh well, that's how auctions sometimes work.

Attachments

• cx-7.pdf
    586 KB · Views: 2,830
  • cx-7 019.pdf
    979.6 KB · Views: 2,356
yup

Attachments

• cx-7 019.pdf
    979.6 KB · Views: 1,455
  • cx-7.pdf
    586 KB · Views: 1,092
  • cx7 002.pdf