Please help with my auto climate control

chris41

Contributor
I have an 08 GT with the auto climate control. When I activate it (for heat), the AC light comes on and it shows up on the dash screen too. Somehow it keeps defaulting back to this and I know it can heat without the AC, but I'm just too stupid to figure out why (I read the manual too).

This car is an adventure everyday. Besides FUN to drive, I discover new things like today, I figured out what the little black outside door handle buttons do (GT with tech package). Craaaazy car.

yea it turns the AC on and actually works the AC in the middle of the winter once its up to temp to keep it exactly at the temp you have set.... I just dont use the auto feature in the winter I just set it to like 72 or so manually and it is nice and comfortable but when you do hit the AUTO button the AC will turn on. so just set it to the right temp and it will control itself even though the auto light isn't on I usually set the air to defrost and feet setting and it gives a nice air flow... also on auto it will never drop the fan below 2 I have noticed so I set it on 3 til it warms up and then turn it down to 2 or 1 and its a very nice temp

still haven't figured out what the eco/ac thing that the maual talks about never seen it pop up for me

the black button is your unlock button for when your too lazy to take the key out of your pocket you walk up to the car and hit the button and the doors will unlock when it senses your smart key in range... I think it will also roll up your windows after you get out of your car too if you hold it... read the manual I know its in there under smart key... I didn't get the tech package... 4k would have put me over my head

Last edited:
Wow...so I have to live with the AC button in the winter....sounds like manual adjusting for me.

Yeah...the black button is something else.....I think for 4k I should be able to take a nap and let the navigation do the driving.

The auto climate control in my 2010 Cx7 is very similar to the one I had in my Speed6. The A/C will light up but that doesn't necessarily mean that the A/C is actually on, it just means that it will be controled by the climate control system (from the Speed6 manual).

Back