Ngk Ltr7ix-11

Bravnik

Ok so I got my order of the 1 step colder plugs. I went to gap them and they are all set at like .037 already. Is there a way to pull it back out a bit?

I know, I know probably a stupid question so please forgive my ignorance. I have never ran into this issue.

I always use the tool thats on the end of the feeler gauges. And preferably you want to use the wire feelers not the traditional but thats me trying to be a perfectionist.

pic808.jpg

Hands down the best kind of gapper. Prevents any scoring on the tip...which can lead to hotspots in the cylinder.

the thing to keep in mind when you gap spark plugs is that you must keep the metal tab parallel to the flast side of the electrode, when you start tapping them to close the gap they tend to go crooked , meaning that the distance between the electrode and the metal tab is different at different points. I understand the electrode is the size of this "o" but you would be surprised how much weaker the spark will be if they are not parallel to each other. anyways old school advice.

Jacobs Electronics used to make a plug gapper than positively keeps the electrode aligned while gapping. I have one but dont know if they are still in production.

Mods:

CP-E CAI, CPE TBE with High flow and 12" muffler. Forge BPV with blue spring.

P0300 - Random Multiple Cylinder misfires
P2188 - Burning rich during idle.

The issue:

I have been constantly been getting these annoying codes. At first I took the car to the dealer. We ran diagnostics and it came back that the MAF was reading way out of gauge. So the dealer decided to replace the MAF. During this trial time I wanted to check my sparkies as I have been experiencing slight studders during idle. You know like the car will sputter now then. When I checked the sparkies, 2 and 3 were very dirty and 1 and 4 were fine. We just cleaned them and put them back in along with the new MAF.

Now, considering my MAF was replaced I got the code 0300 first yesterday. Today in the morning I went to the dealer and it was showing both codes again. I am thinking of going a step colder with the plugs that protege gara has on there website. But would this be the right thing to do?

Is going a step colder the right direction? Won't I be buring to rich? Or is it possible that my plugs are bad and in turn is throwing a 2188 due to the plugs not burning correctly with the 0300's...??? I am at a loss and need help fast as what I should do with the plugs.

Back