atx blown ak 20k and mazda wont cover!!!

steven4264

:
Mazda 3
i have a 2006 mazda 3 2.0l atx with 20,000 miles on it and sunday night it started making a weird noise on light throttle i bring it in to the stealership today and they look it over and said my trany is going that it will be $4200 to fix because they just voided my warrenty because i had a sri and catback exhaust and i was "making too much hp and tq and that blew my trany" which i think is outragous because at the most im maybe putting 7hp more down to the wheels which shouldnt have kill it. i dont know what to do, im trying to get a hold of corprate mazda and try and get this taken care of. if you have and comments or suggestions as to what i should do that would be greatly appreciated.

-steven

put stock intake & exhaust on, and try a different dealer

hope they haven't flagged your VIN

i think they have because they have to call corp to get approval on big warrenty work. and i already had to talk to someone there im tryin to get threw toi the regional guy

i think they have because they have to call corp to get approval on big warrenty work. and i already had to talk to someone there im tryin to get threw toi the regional guy

Yeah but don't just assume. Try the regional but just for the heck of it, try another dealer with the stock parts back on it. You never know, it might just be a lot easier that way. Did they tell you exactly what was wrong with the tranny? Sometimes the problem is something pretty simple.

I agree though, an SRI and catback on an n/a motor shouldn't destroy a tranny. But I'm not surprised considering the multitude of dealer horror stories and voided warranty complaints all over the web. And it's not just one model or manufacturer, it's across the board. The funny thing is it seems like the 'light' modders are the ones that get the shaft more often than not. Good luck.

the stealership has to prove that those mods did the damage or else they cant actually/legally void your warranty. if it comes to blows, tell them you'll call a lawyer. they might call you bluff, but which is cheaper: getting your tranny fixed for free and actually calling a lawyer and grabbing the dealership by the balls or paying the money to get it fixed w/o warranty ?

i probably are going to have to get a lawyer involved. what i dont understand is if my intake and exhaust makes too much power for the trany then what do they do about their own mazdaspeed intake and exhaust they offer for my car?.... i think someone is trying to rape me?

Get the public defender !!! Even he could win that case.
Theres a federal law that protects you in this situation my friend. I forget what its called off the top of my head (Which is why im a salesmen [not a car salesmen] and not a freaking lawyer. )

"making too much hp and tq and that blew my trany"
oh wow, how nice of mazda stealerships... fight this man, the dealer that i bought my car from, told me an intake or catback wont void the warranty as long as you dont touch the cat or something

oh wow, how nice of mazda stealerships... fight this man, the dealer that i bought my car from, told me an intake or catback wont void the warranty as long as you dont touch the cat or something

The US Fed is the reason why theres a cat in the first place. If you dont have one of those heh on a new car then well no ones going to honor an free oil change certificate.

the stealership has to prove that those mods did the damage or else they cant actually/legally void your warranty. if it comes to blows, tell them you'll call a lawyer. they might call you bluff, but which is cheaper: getting your tranny fixed for free and actually calling a lawyer and grabbing the dealership by the balls or paying the money to get it fixed w/o warranty ?

i can vouch for this from working at ford. they need to prove that, the mod's DIRECTLY made the trans fail. and guess what, there not gonan be able to do that, and with the very few mods you have, there's no way in hell they can even try to argue that fact.

sounds like a shiesty mazda dealer. id go to your next closest dealer, and never go back to that original one.

A performance intake won't cause you to fail smog, and installing one won't void your vehicle's warranty. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, dealerships cannot deny you warranty service on your vehicle unless they can directly prove the aftermarket part (in this case, an air intake) is the cause of damage to your engine - a highly unlikely scenario. In fact, dealerships carry both performance filters and intakes, and may even try to up-sell you on either item when you're shopping for a vehicle

i dont really care about my emissions warrenty ky doesnt test smog but i do care about my transmission not working which i am still fighting mazda i got BBB involved and they said they would talk to mazda and get back with me next week so im keeping my fingers crossed

this really sucks man. Its just so sad how the stealerships are so quick to void a warranty on a car when it comes to actual warranty work that needs to be done.

A performance intake won't cause you to fail smog, and installing one won't void your vehicle's warranty. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, dealerships cannot deny you warranty service on your vehicle unless they can directly prove the aftermarket part (in this case, an air intake) is the cause of damage to your engine - a highly unlikely scenario. In

In the first post of the thread, he says the dealership tried to claim that his intake and cat-back added too much power and torque. And we all know that even the 7 HP at the wheels the OP stated is generous given those 2 mods.

Fight man. Good luck. Keep us updated.

i had a dealership mess with me like that back when i bought my jetta... they tried to claim that i had not bought the extended warranty when i bought the 5 year... then when i moved to ga i went to get someservice done and they had false paperwork... now the dealership that i bought the warranty from is closed

i dont really care about my emissions warrenty ky doesnt test smog but i do care about my transmission not working which i am still fighting mazda i got BBB involved and they said they would talk to mazda and get back with me next week so im keeping my fingers crossed

are you having any luck with this?

not so far im just kinda of waiting at this point for BBB to get back with me and for my attorney to write a letter, im thinking about getting the local news involved as well

Back