Keyless entry - locked out of the CX7?

Infymus

:
CX9, Mazda 3
This morning I had to use my pull out key from the keyless pad to get into the CX7. I used the remote start to start it, came out 5 minutes later, opened it by pressing the door button, leaned in and turned the car ignition to full ON.

Then I closed the door to go get a broom as there was a foot of snow on the car. I didn't hear the car "beep" to lock, and I don't have the auto-lock-walkaway feature installed on mine.

Came back and the door was locked. I pressed the button and it would not unlock. Tried the back door, no go, and then the side door - still no go. Went back to drivers door and pressed the button again and watched my keyless pad light flash, but no unlock. So I pressed the keyless pad's unlock button, no go. The car would not unlock - period.

I finally had to pull the key out of the keyless pad and unlock the door.

The keyless system in this CX7 has never worked right. If I don't have the key in my left pocket, I can't start the car. If it is in my right - closest to the ignition, the car won't recognize the key is there. If for some reason I am able to start the car - anyone who gets in after me and closes their door causes the car to beep and warn me there is no key inside. I've replaced the battery to no avail. Never had any issues with my CX9 or my MX5 however. Hope when I dump this for a Mazda 3 keyless, I wont have the same issues.

This morning I had to use my pull out key from the keyless pad to get into the CX7. I used the remote start to start it, came out 5 minutes later, opened it by pressing the door button, leaned in and turned the car ignition to full ON.

Then I closed the door to go get a broom as there was a foot of snow on the car. I didn't hear the car "beep" to lock, and I don't have the auto-lock-walkaway feature installed on mine.

Came back and the door was locked. I pressed the button and it would not unlock. Tried the back door, no go, and then the side door - still no go. Went back to drivers door and pressed the button again and watched my keyless pad light flash, but no unlock. So I pressed the keyless pad's unlock button, no go. The car would not unlock - period.

I finally had to pull the key out of the keyless pad and unlock the door.

The keyless system in this CX7 has never worked right. If I don't have the key in my left pocket, I can't start the car. If it is in my right - closest to the ignition, the car won't recognize the key is there. If for some reason I am able to start the car - anyone who gets in after me and closes their door causes the car to beep and warn me there is no key inside. I've replaced the battery to no avail. Never had any issues with my CX9 or my MX5 however. Hope when I dump this for a Mazda 3 keyless, I wont have the same issues.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123695185

Back