power locks issue

HondaNoMore

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
ok, so i was out last night in the FREEZING cold, havin a good time, driving my car from here to there, and as always, arming the security system when i got out. it worked perfectly all night (as it should). but when i went out to get in my car this morning, i pushed the unlock button and... nothing. the security system disarmed, but the driver door didn't unlock. it won't unlock with the power locks button on the inside of the car either. any ideas? i don't really hear any noise from the door when i push the buttons, so does that mean a burnt out lock motor or something like that? also, how does the door panel come off?

I'm not really sure how the door panel comes off but have you washed it lately? It sounds like it might be frozen if it was that cold out. Do any of the other doors unlock or is it just the driver door?

This is funny. My car did the same exact thing this morning. It was 2 degrees F out. Later in the day it worked fine. Wasn't frozen because it worked fine with just the key. I'm guessing the actuator is starting to take a dump. If it keeps doing it, I 'll remove the panel and see whats up. Maybe just a fluke. Probably not............

nope, just the driver door... i haven't tried it since this morning, so hopefully it's just a frozen...something. i'd really rather not have to buy a new lock motor, and i'd REALLY rather not have to install it. hopefully it will warm up and solve my problem for me.... and no i haven't washed it lately

don't worry too much about it...when you go driving around and the inside of the car is warm there is humidity in the car, so when is gets cold the humidity in the air freezes on a bunch of junk, thus happens to me from time to time too and its always when its really cold out. just let the car warm up a bit and the frost on the motor melts and it works again

Back