P0301 CEL Code

:
13 MX-5
So my girlfriend has a Mazda6 S V6 and she told me her CEL came on. I have an OBDII scanner and checked it came out to be code P0301. I checked the codes list and it says - P0301 Cylinder No.1 misfire detected Flash / ON 1 or 2 Misfire. What could cause this? How can I fix this?

I have an 06 6 S with reoccuring p0304 code (same problem, different cylinder). So far, they have reprogrammed the PCM twice, replaced the coli pack, and replaced the right side cat converter. Light still coming on and the had an engineer come look at it. He said that there is a compression leak right cylinder bank. My shops techs performed the compression tests twice, once with shop foreman looking over their shoulders and they found no leaks. Seems like they are guessing, but now the say they will replace the engine. Too little, too late. I am seeking Lemon Law for replacement.

So my girlfriend has a Mazda6 S V6 and she told me her CEL came on. I have an OBDII scanner and checked it came out to be code P0301. I checked the codes list and it says - P0301 Cylinder No.1 misfire detected Flash / ON 1 or 2 Misfire. What could cause this? How can I fix this?

could be caused by bad coil pack, or wire...

its not that bad... its just a misfire. take out the plugs and see what they look like. the plugs will tell you alot...

its probably a bad wire or coil... nothing to get to overworked about

Back