spare mounted sub fo cx-7

nikbrewer

I am about to start work on a spare tire mounted sub box that will fit inside the factory spare tire, taking up no room and being compleatly invisible. I have made a box similair to this in my 2006 scion xb. I was wondering if there is any interest in a product like this.

here are pics of the one in my xb just for ideas. I will post more pics this weekend as i get started on the project.

DSC_0075.jpg

this is apic of it in the tire

DSC_0074.jpg

this is a pic of my second box i made using a mold.

DSC_0054.jpg

here is apic of it in the car.

these are just to show the concept. i hope to make the cx-7 version have more airspace.

updates:

well, i began construction of my spare mounted sub box. I was orignally not going to keep the spare tire cover, but i decided to try to. THere is more air space to be had if you deleate it. Currently my box has about .47 cubic feet of air space and i ordered a pioneer flat 10" sub for it. its minium is .4, so it should wook good. If i did a box that fit directly in the tire, it would easily be over .5 cubic feet. Currently my box will have a max speaker depth of 4", but again this might change. Here are some pics of my progress. i need to clean up the fiberglass "bowl" and make a lid. the top shown is not the one i will use, but i have to wait till wends to get to my cnc at work. Hopefully i will have it working by this weekend.
IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Looks good, but yeah not a lot of air space. Although the pioneer sub you are using is made for very small spaces so it should work just fine. I would like to see this finished and also were you mount your amp.

as i said, there is more room to be had, but .5 cubic feet is pretty decent for these slim fit subs of all brands. i got a power acustik d2 mono amp fpr the sub and plan of getting the new mb quart refrence 4 channel amp. both are small and i hope to put them in the area the factry bose amp uses. hopefully there will be more pics this week

well, here are the pis of the finished box. I hope to install the amps in the next week or two. i think i may have to space up the rear floor about 1/4" with some weather stripping to keep the sub from hitting it because i did not recess the sub enough

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

WEL, I GOT THE SUB FINALLY WORKING IN SUBDAY. MOUNTED A MONO AMP AND 4 CHANNEL UNET THE REAR SEAT WHERE THE FACTORY BOSE AMP SITS. aLL I CAN SAY THIS THIN HIT HARD. i HAVE THE REAR COVER SPACED UP WITH 1/2" FOAM WEATHER STRIPPING AND THERE IS NOT RATTLES. NOW I JUST NEED TO GET ALL THE DOORS SPEAKERS POWERED

Yes!!!!

Just what I need! I had no idea how I was gonna get decent bass in this damn thing until I saw your enclosure!! We need to talk, do you have schematics, plans so I can make one at home? How much did the materials cost? What tools did you use? How did you lock the enclosure down? I'm pming you so we can get some dialogue goin'!

sorry to be a dick, but if you want to sell stuff on this board, you need to become an Authorized Vendor or Authorized Merchant Member. contant Antoine

sorry bout that. i actually have a how to and a lot of pic on the buid process on that page, can i link to the build page?

sorry bout that. i actually have a how to and a lot of pic on the buid process on that page, can i link to the build page?

yeah, thats fine. just as long as it doesn't have a "purchase" link on it.

sorry about that, my bad, here is a link to a bunch of photos of the building of the cx-7 box. i hoe to add step by step titles this weekend

*Link removed (most of the pics on the site are the same ones posted in this thread).

sorry about that, my bad, here is a link to a bunch of photos of the building of the cx-7 box. i hoe to add step by step titles this weekend

*Link removed (most of the pics on the site are the same ones posted in this thread).

Hello & Welcome to Mazda Forums! :D

I think you've got a very cool product here but please note that if you wish not to become an Authorized Vendor (AV) or Approved Merchant Member (AMM)...Then please refrain from posting links to your site (since your site includes purchase info).

Posting your actual "How-To" in thread form here (including pics) would be greatly appreciated though! (thumb)

If you wish to apply for AV or AMM status...Please proceed here:

VENDOR Application Forms

Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated, thank you and enjoy the forums!

sorry about that again, i just cant seam to get this right. you can deleate my previous links if you want, and ill do a full right up and post it here

sorry about that again, i just cant seam to get this right. you can deleate my previous links if you want, and ill do a full right up and post it here

thanks for understanding, and for the record, this is an awesome build you've done here (thumb)

Please Help

I am about to start work on a spare tire mounted sub box that will fit inside the factory spare tire, taking up no room and being compleatly invisible. I have made a box similair to this in my 2006 scion xb. I was wondering if there is any interest in a product like this.

here are pics of the one in my xb just for ideas. I will post more pics this weekend as i get started on the project.

DSC_0075.jpg

this is apic of it in the tire

DSC_0074.jpg

this is a pic of my second box i made using a mold.

DSC_0054.jpg

here is apic of it in the car.

these are just to show the concept. i hope to make the cx-7 version have more airspace.

Hey, I just got my cx-7 this year and I have a 10in sub with a 500w amp that was in my previous car. I am yet to install it because I do not want to sacrifice the trunk space or lose my spare tire. I saw your post but all the images and links are removed. I am hoping you have some of this information still because I would love to see your build and see if I could take on a summer task. Thanks

Back