Cold weather issues with MSP

MSPColin

Ok so I was test driving a MSP today and the only major issue I had was when I floored the gas on the highway, the fuel would cut off, I was told this was because the engine was getting too much boost.

Now I have question about this:

Will this always happen in cold weather, or does the ECU try to balance it out? I am moving from texas to New York, and I dont want this to be a major issue. So I was just wondering for all those people in the Northern States or Canada or wherever it is cold, do they have this problem.

Yes it is fuel cut and yes it will happen ALWAYS in weather under 45 degrees there are though several fixes for this do search for fuel cut and dedicate about 2 days for reading LOL

you can verify it being fuel cut by monitoring the maf voltage with a scan tool. see if the maf voltage hits 4.9(ish) when it happens. if so you can get a fcd (fuel cut defenser). joeP fcd is less than 100 bucks. only thing you'd want to watch out for is afr to make sure you're not running lean being the ecu will not cut off fuel and let the car boost unlimitedly.

Last edited:
Yes it is fuel cut and yes it will happen ALWAYS in weather under 45 degrees there are though several fixes for this do search for fuel cut and dedicate about 2 days for reading LOL

This is not true it won't always happen. I live in Canada where its much colder than 45 degrees in the winters and have never hit fuel cut. If you're hitting fuel cut its because its boosting higher than stock either due to mods/boost controller/or wastegate malfunction.

i also did have some fuel cut. i was driving when it was really foggy and kinda misting in 3rd on a full pull when it got to 6 k i hit fuel cut. im running stock boost atm also

i live in winnipeg, manitoba (CAN), and we had a streak of -40 Celsius which converts to roughly -31 Fahrenheit, or basically the tempature that water freezes to ice in roughly 2 seconds and my MSP fired up like a dream, and i didnt even have it plugged in, no problems while running it, IF anything my clutch felt like it was freezing up, but i was doing 100 clicks on the highway...

Back