Door Lock Actuator, Right?

i12drivemyMP5

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>
Contributor
:
-- 03 P5 / 23 CX-5 --
Nothing will unlock my driver's door except the key. Switch & key both work & unlock the other 4. No click or noise from the driver door. Nothing else it can be except the actuator itself, right? Other opinions?

My wifes door had the same problem. Sounds like the actuator. Does it make any noise? A whirriing perhaps. Look at the local junk yard or salvage yard or see who's parting out their car here and pick one up for cheap. I paid $20 (I think) from a fellow forum member and had a friend help me replace it for super cheap.

Looks to be 54.00 for new one from montgomery online so I'll just grab one there.

I was looking at wrong part online. The correct part lists for 119 somethin & sells for 95 somethin. ****** worthless ass dealer nearest me wants 167 for same part & has to order it anyway so you know what I told them. FO, I'll order it myself for 80.00 less. Only went to ask them anyway cause I was nearby & needed a quick shot of comic relief. Montgomery verified the 95.00 part was the actuator part I need.

I have the same problem going on right now with my driver side rear door. Makes a stuttering noise whenever I try to unlock/lock the car. I'm just dealing with it at this point until I can find the actuator.

I'm fairly familar with taking the door panel off as I've done this several times. Is it difficult to change the actuator out? Never really looked at it before.

I have the same problem going on right now with my driver side rear door. Makes a stuttering noise whenever I try to unlock/lock the car. I'm just dealing with it at this point until I can find the actuator.

I'm fairly familar with taking the door panel off as I've done this several times. Is it difficult to change the actuator out? Never really looked at it before.

If the noise is bothering you just unplug the power connector from the actuator, that's what I did until I received the part.

I wouldn't say difficult to change but lots patience is more like it.

I'll be finding that out when the part comes. Haven't had any of mine off but hey, here goes. lol. Had a look at it in the manual, doesn't seem like anything scary tho. Scary was taking apart the fuel injection crap the first time to get the IM out to remove VTCS, do a little P&P & put it all back where it works. It did so no worries on this.

My wife has the same problem on your MP5, driver side. Does anyone have the part number of the actuator and where it was ordered from?

Last edited:
Montgomery Mazda online. It's the bottom one on this page. Got part fast with lowest price shipping during xmas even. 95.25 for same part that the nearest dealer wanted 167.00 for........http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...tege&year=2003&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0
Thanks. Do you know if the part comes with instructions on how to replace it? I took the door panel off and took a look. The space in there is quite small to work in and I don't know if I know how to disconnect all the rods and linkages.

From the manual it seems that 2 of the rods pop into a plastic clip & 1 is threaded, I assumed on quick glance that it was the one the lock tab sticking up from the top of the door screws ontobefore pushing back up thru the panel. BTW, did the clips on the door panel cause much grief to get out without breaking any of them? See where they are in the pic but not sure how stubborn they are to remove. **edit** Sorry, mine came with no instructions.

Last edited:
Damm it!!! How many more times do I have to replace these door lock actuators. I hate these things!!!(pissed)

Last year in January 2007 I replaced the driver's side door. This year January 2008 again this time it's the rear door (driver's side).

Last month I just replaced my Mom's rear door passenger side actuator.

So I guess next year around January 2009 the passenger side actuator. I should just stock up on these damm parts!

I just did. Scored new actuator itself without all the rods for the driver's door for 10 bucks off ebay with 7.00 shipping. Got me a spare. hope I won't need it anytime soon. The swap was no hassle really. The worse part is the goo on the plastic door liner. Rest was cake. The clip on the actual door handle slowed me down a bit because i didn't want to break it. Wasn't sure whether it unscrewed or clip pops off. After much aprehension, my pick tool popped the clip then the rod pops out of a retainer. Done. Used one rod from the old one. All went back fine & all is functional again.

Wife's driver side front door went out on her 03 now. Yippie.

Tylor

My driver's side front door went out last year around Jan. and this year same month my driver's side rear door went out. Waiting for next year again around Jan. my best guess would probably be the passenger side front door.

Back