Motor Club Insurance Discounts?

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
From mass.gov...

Group Discounts
In recent years, many insurers have been offering discounts to numerous groups to attract new customers. These discounts will decrease your entire insurance premium. In addition, many group plans do not charge interest or require an initial deposit.

Groups can be sponsored by an employer, civic organization, motor club, association, trade union, credit union, etc. You may want to check with agents of several different insurers to learn which groups the insurer has been approved to offer discounts to and the size of the discounts. Any member of an approved group is eligible for the discount.

Group plans are not guaranteed to be renewed or to be renewed at the current discount level. By law, groups may be continued if after two years of operation the group has 35% of its eligible members participating. If, however, after three years a group's loss and expense ratio makes the group unprofitable it cannot renew policies.

So does this mean NEPOC could join forces and get a group discount? I don't understand.

I think "motor club" refers to AAA.

As far as how "official" the group needs to be (if it extends beyond clubs like AAA) I found a few years ago that it seems in most instances in order to be an actual club, NEPOC needs to carry insurance....This has come into play before when talking to Mazda corporate about sponsoring events.

indeed. u shoudl try it though. go into your local insurance office with a nepoc t-shirt and a printout of the mass.gov website and demand your discount :)

Back