another recall!!

MS3Chik

:
Mazda, Speed 3
malfunction indicator light illumination (dtc p2006)
voluntary emission recall campaign 4807h
I got the recall paper today
who has had this prob? i havent

both recalls came up when i called my service rep, i am waiting for phone call for a appointment...

whats does the paper say for desriptions of the recalls?

just had this taken care of today...

its a voluntary recall of the p2006 dtc which is caused by some valve, they check to make sure its a newer revision valve, and they also flash the PCM... im hoping its the flash that gets rid of tailpipe soot...

check engine light
the monitor function used to detect short fuel trim maximum threshold stategy is inoperative due to the lack of this monitor function the obd system is not capable of detecting the malfunction that causes the adaptive control exceeded.
and:
due to the variety of friction between the variable swril shutter valve and position switch the shutter valve actuator may not be able to fully drepress the position switch. this is especially true during cold ambient temps and will cause the malfunction indicator light to illuminate.

its 2 things on the recall. they basically turn off the check engine light if you have one on

Got my letter in the mail today. It also applies to my wife's 07 CX-7. Gotta make a double appt. when I call the dealer :/

I was getting my car serviced today anyway, so when i found out about the recalls, I just had them do it all at once.

im gonna give it 6 months until they get all recalls and then I will leave the car for 3 days to get em done in one shot!!!!!

I too wonder if this reflash will be the one that many people were convinced made their cars faster and improved gas mileage...

I just got those yesterday.. If my car throws a CEL, I'll check it myself to see what trouble code it is - I have an OBDII reader and the workshop manual, so I can get more info than just the reader tells me.

That's somewhat irrelevant I guess; I hate bringing my car to the dealer. Last time it was there was for the engine mount recall, and they broke a part of my battery cover. In addition, they went ahead and denied that they broke it. I know it's probably a $20 part that I can replace in 10 minutes, but I took the battery out twice and never broke anything! Motherfathers.

The service adviser I usually deal with at Partyka Chevy-Mazda is very friendly, but dealer service, yuk. I can do most of my own maintenance, and that which I can't do myself I'll pay Steve @ Automasters to do.

Sidenote: Anyone in the Meriden-Wallingford area of CT, I highly recommend Automasters in Meriden for any routine service. Steve is a highly skilled mechanic and will NOT mess your car up, even if some find him to be a grouch. I guess he's a grouch if you work for him; my brother worked there for a few years..

I just got those yesterday.. If my car throws a CEL, I'll check it myself to see what trouble code it is - I have an OBDII reader and the workshop manual, so I can get more info than just the reader tells me.

That's somewhat irrelevant I guess; I hate bringing my car to the dealer. Last time it was there was for the engine mount recall, and they broke a part of my battery cover. In addition, they went ahead and denied that they broke it. I know it's probably a $20 part that I can replace in 10 minutes, but I took the battery out twice and never broke anything! Motherfathers.

The service adviser I usually deal with at Partyka Chevy-Mazda is very friendly, but dealer service, yuk. I can do most of my own maintenance, and that which I can't do myself I'll pay Steve @ Automasters to do.

Sidenote: Anyone in the Meriden-Wallingford area of CT, I highly recommend Automasters in Meriden for any routine service. Steve is a highly skilled mechanic and will NOT mess your car up, even if some find him to be a grouch. I guess he's a grouch if you work for him; my brother worked there for a few years..

They messed mine up too at Modern but ordered a new battery box and replaced it under warranty when I mentioned it. If I bring in a car in like new condition, I expect it back in that condition.

If I bring in a car in like new condition, I expect it back in that condition.

Damn right!

From now on I will inspect the car's exterior, interior, and under the hood before taking it off the lot when any warranty work is performed.

We just got a letter in the mail that there are 2 recall notices.
1-MIL (DTC p2006) 4807H
Emission Recall Campaign to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module and replace the variable swirl shutter valve actuator on certain vehicles:
2007 CX7 build date Feb 14, 2006 through Feb 24 2007
2007 MS3 build date between June 28, 2006 through Feb 3 2007
2006-2007 MS6 build date between August 4, 2005 through Feb 24, 2007
Your vehicle may be equipped wih an improperly functioning on board emission related diagnostic system that violates CA standards and regulations

2-OBD-II 4907H
Emission Recall campaign to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module
2007 CX7 Feb 14 2006-April 28, 2007
2007 MS3 June 28 2006- May 31 2007
2006-2007 MS6 August 2 2005- June 30 2007
2006 Mazda6 2.3 4-cylinder June 2, 2005- June 27, 2006
Your vehicle may be equipped with an improperly functioning on-board emission- related diagnostic system that vilotes CA standards and regulations.

Pass it on!!!!!!

Cool I'm taking my car with my free first oil change... I'm going to ask too why I still don't have my plates? It's been 4 months since I had my car hahaha

Took my car in about 3 weeks ago for the motor mount recall service, and also had a PCM update while I was there...wonder if this is the same update as I just got?

I hope it doesn't negatively effect performance.

Last edited:
Back