In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another recall!!

Mazda, Speed 3

another recall!!

malfunction indicator light illumination (dtc p2006)
    voluntary emission recall campaign 4807h
    I got the recall paper today
    who has had this prob? i havent

both recalls came up when i called my service rep, i am waiting for phone call for a appointment...

whats does the paper say for desriptions of the recalls?
    7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance

Banned

2007 Mazdaspeed3

just had this taken care of today...

its a voluntary recall of the p2006 dtc which is caused by some valve, they check to make sure its a newer revision valve, and they also flash the PCM... im hoping its the flash that gets rid of tailpipe soot...

what about the illumination?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda, Speed 3

check engine light
    the monitor function used to detect short fuel trim maximum threshold stategy is inoperative due to the lack of this monitor function the obd system is not capable of detecting the malfunction that causes the adaptive control exceeded.
    and:
    due to the variety of friction between the variable swril shutter valve and position switch the shutter valve actuator may not be able to fully drepress the position switch. this is especially true during cold ambient temps and will cause the malfunction indicator light to illuminate.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda, Speed 3

its 2 things on the recall. they basically turn off the check engine light if you have one on

Registered Member

Last edited by jengajoe; 10-05-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Got my letter in the mail today. It also applies to my wife's 07 CX-7. Gotta make a double appt. when I call the dealer :/

Mazda, Speed 3

and also speed 6s

Mazdaspeed3

I was getting my car serviced today anyway, so when i found out about the recalls, I just had them do it all at once.

2007 Mazdaspeed3

I got one as well. I'm going to stall on it.
    ╔╗╔═╦╗
    ║╚╣║║╚╗
    ╚═╩═╩═╝

im gonna give it 6 months until they get all recalls and then I will leave the car for 3 days to get em done in one shot!!!!!

Registered Member

'07 Mazdaspeed 3 GT

I too wonder if this reflash will be the one that many people were convinced made their cars faster and improved gas mileage...
    '07 Mazdaspeed 3, red, only mods so far: MS CAI, Cobb AP, and scraped up rear bumper.... (protest) 250 whp/281 ftlbs on a Dynojet before the AP was installed

Speed 3 Sport

another recall? WTF

2007 MS3

I just got those yesterday.. If my car throws a CEL, I'll check it myself to see what trouble code it is - I have an OBDII reader and the workshop manual, so I can get more info than just the reader tells me.

That's somewhat irrelevant I guess; I hate bringing my car to the dealer. Last time it was there was for the engine mount recall, and they broke a part of my battery cover. In addition, they went ahead and denied that they broke it. I know it's probably a $20 part that I can replace in 10 minutes, but I took the battery out twice and never broke anything! Motherfathers.

The service adviser I usually deal with at Partyka Chevy-Mazda is very friendly, but dealer service, yuk. I can do most of my own maintenance, and that which I can't do myself I'll pay Steve @ Automasters to do.

Sidenote: Anyone in the Meriden-Wallingford area of CT, I highly recommend Automasters in Meriden for any routine service. Steve is a highly skilled mechanic and will NOT mess your car up, even if some find him to be a grouch. I guess he's a grouch if you work for him; my brother worked there for a few years..
    MS CAI, TWM shifter base bushings, TRZ rear engine mount, Forge BPV, PG spin-on oil filter kit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast