Dyno results: 2007 MS3 w CPE TBE & MS CAI (dynojet)

Dyno's were done in 4th gear with TSC/DSC off... With the hood closed early in the morning I made 266.6whp and 289.3lbs of tq (4th gear, all tsc/dsc off).

For our second set once the fog had cleared the air mid day (around 22 degs c/72F according to the dash temp gauge) with the hood open i actually gained to 275.2whp and 294.2wtq. not sure if the warmer air helped or the ecu woke up some as i drove like a grandma to the shop to try and keep it from heatsoaking... fan wasn't all that strong so perhaps the hood being open actually helped?

dyno001.jpg

Very happy with the gains of the cpe tbe and ms cai :lol:

Nice numbers though Im curious why the torque wasnt higher. My car with testpipe only made 260whp and 298ftlbs. I would think you would be around 310-320ftlbs. with those mods. What was the boost reading? Mine was around 13psi. Good job. I cant wait to get mine redone.

Nice numbers though Im curious why the torque wasnt higher. My car with testpipe only made 260whp and 298ftlbs. I would think you would be around 310-320ftlbs. with those mods. What was the boost reading? Mine was around 13psi. Good job. I cant wait to get mine redone.

was yours on a dynojet?

i haven't seen any sae corrected intake and exhaust dynos making 300+ lbs on a dynojet, but if you got that good work

Nice..My numbers are about the same.What was the correction on yours?Mines was sae 1.01.

Last edited:
Only problem is that it's missing the characteristic drop in power and torque right at 5750 rpm that all MS3's have (unless they are running a piggyback).

Even ones I've seen with intake and exhaust have this drop, with a corresponding drop in the air/fuel ratios (gets rich suddenly).

meh some dynos read higher than others... i went with another speed 3 who had a test pipe and a cai and i had 6 more hp and 20lbs of tq on the same dyno on the same day. really only way you can compare

so are you buys having a problem with the ms-cai and the cpe-tbe with the stock ecu? or for a daily driver is it fine

alot of poeple are hitting lean codes with the cpe ems and mscai/injen/fujita cai. If you want the cpe ems your going to need their intake or cobbs sri to make it run without hitting two lean codes. cpe tells you to adjust maf's % values to get rid of the code, but trust me, thats just annoying.

alot of poeple are hitting lean codes with the cpe ems and mscai/injen/fujita cai. If you want the cpe ems your going to need their intake or cobbs sri to make it run without hitting two lean codes. cpe tells you to adjust maf's % values to get rid of the code, but trust me, thats just annoying.

i think i will eventually change it but i haven't had any problems thus far

for those of you running the MS-CAI and the CPE-TBE with a high flow cat and 12"oval are you getting any boost creep, and is the stock ecu tuned ok to run these mods safely daily.

Back