Corksport DP/PG Test Pipe/Mazdaspeed CBE installed

Since you had both pipes, would you recommend going with just the CS downpipe? I have the MS CAI and MS CBE. Love the sound of your Speed3, sounds siiiiiiiiiiiiiick! (rockon)

IMO get a DP to go with your CBE and CAI for the best combination and power levels if you don't plan to modify the car too much. I get good mileage when cruising, I love the sound of the car and it still goes well enough when I need it to.

Enjoy your ride what ever you choose.

IMO get a DP to go with your CBE and CAI for the best combination and power levels if you don't plan to modify the car too much. I get good mileage when cruising, I love the sound of the car and it still goes well enough when I need it to.

Enjoy your ride what ever you choose.

Recommend the CS downpipe? So forget the test pipe? Was thinking that combo, but wasn't sure...

Recommend the CS downpipe? So forget the test pipe? Was thinking that combo, but wasn't sure...

I would think you should get the test pipe, unless you got a vibrant catback because it doesnt need it because its got it built in.
But the cat is going to be a restriction.

Last edited:
I would think you should get the test pipe, unless you got a vibrant catback because it doesnt need it because its got it built in.
But the cat is going to be a restriction.

A complete 3" will yield minimal returns (disputably no gains) until you up the power levels more. If the extent of mods will be I/E, a catless system, be it 2.5" to 3" will yield more stink than power.

Contact the companies that actually race Mazdas and ask their opinion.

its noticable though, and is necessary to complete the exhaust system! and without small gain upgrades like intake and exhaust...what is the point of any modding at all?

A complete 3" will yield minimal returns (disputably no gains) until you up the power levels more. If the extent of mods will be I/E, a catless system, be it 2.5" to 3" will yield more stink than power.

Contact the companies that actually race Mazdas and ask their opinion.

i've driven mazdaspeed6s with stock exhausts, 2.5 inch exhausts and 3 inch exhausts. there is a noticeable difference to be had between the three.

Back