Corksport DP/PG Test Pipe/Mazdaspeed CBE installed

iguanaboy

:
Blk Mazdaspeed 3
Have had the cbe on for a few months and I think I was the first to realize the test pipe did not mate to the mazdaspeed exhaust. Ken and the gang did their best to fix it before there was the redesign with no luck. Back to the present the test pipe is fixed and I had them install the dp because I didn't have the time/patience to do it my self. The install didn't go as smoothed I we had hoped they had trouble with one bolt on the old down pipe but they stuck with it and did a excellent job. now for my impressions, must say it's a nice improvement. way more power then just the cbe exhaust and a nice gain over just the test pipe/cbe and nice sound, deeper and louder (with out being to loud or obnoxious in my opinion) will be at the Protege Garage meet the 29th for anyone local that wants to see/hear it and I will hopefully have Ken make a sound clip then to post.

thanks for coming in pete. we'll be happy to see you and the car back for the meet on the 29th. keep on STi hunting!

Have had the cbe on for a few months and I think I was the first to realize the test pipe did not mate to the mazdaspeed exhaust. Ken and the gang did their best to fix it before there was the redesign with no luck. Back to the present the test pipe is fixed and I had them install the dp because I didn't have the time/patience to do it my self. The install didn't go as smoothed I we had hoped they had trouble with one bolt on the old down pipe but they stuck with it and did a excellent job. now for my impressions, must say it's a nice improvement. way more power then just the cbe exhaust and a nice gain over just the test pipe/cbe and nice sound, deeper and louder (with out being to loud or obnoxious in my opinion) will be at the Protege Garage meet the 29th for anyone local that wants to see/hear it and I will hopefully have Ken make a sound clip then to post.

Will these mods affect the MAF if running a MS CAI and MS CBE? I have heard things where using the MS CAI, the MAF may not adjust correctly with a downpipe and test pipe? Is this true? I want to keep my MS CBE and CAI but was wondering if the Corksport DP and PG Test pipe wil lwork without issue (read that as no CEL's or MAF issues)?

TIA

you should not experience MAF sensor issues as a result of the aforementioned modifications

How's the car feel with the CS downpipe and PG pipe? Do you have a clip of what your car sounds like?

exactly what I was gonna ask!

I was planning on using the same mods...

First maybe the ms catback, that way I can cut off the stock exhaust without voiding warranty, then maybe getting the cs dp and pg pipe and swapping out if i ever need warranty work.. seems like the perfect way to do it.

I'd really like a sound clip/video clip any time.

Thanks.

some cars with catless downpipes get CELs, others do not. same thing with the catless header i have on my mazda5. the secondary sensor which reads emissions equipment functionality is finicky. the corksport downpipe comes with a CEL fix and for most cars it works great. the sensor's distance from the exhaust stream has to be about perfect to not throw a CEL. too far or too close to it seems to occasionally cause check engine lights. there are a couple other tricks up my sleeve which if need be can be tried to kill the CEL entirely.

need something that can take a video clip of the exhaust then upload it here or on youtube per se

some cars with catless downpipes get CELs, others do not. same thing with the catless header i have on my mazda5. the secondary sensor which reads emissions equipment functionality is finicky. the corksport downpipe comes with a CEL fix and for most cars it works great. the sensor's distance from the exhaust stream has to be about perfect to not throw a CEL. too far or too close to it seems to occasionally cause check engine lights. there are a couple other tricks up my sleeve which if need be can be tried to kill the CEL entirely.

he he he (cool)(breakn)

my corksport downpipe and PG test pipe are awesome together! no CEL's with the corksport..ever, even running right off the downpipe.

So there is no guarantee that these pipes won't throw a CEL?

No guarantees or factory warantees.

I have had the CS DP and CBE for 8mos + and NO CEL's. I ran a test pipe for 1 week with no CEL's before I removed it due to the stink of the exhaust.
Hit up Corksport or ProtegeGarage for their products, both stand behind their work and the products.

A so-so sound clip; http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t=MOV00916.flv

*Hmm messed up the link. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123621697&page=9 post 134, page 9

Last edited:
No guarantees or factory warantees.

I have had the CS DP and CBE for 8mos + and NO CEL's. I ran a test pipe for 1 week with no CEL's before I removed it due to the stink of the exhaust.
Hit up Corksport or ProtegeGarage for their products, both stand behind their work and the products.

A so-so sound clip; http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t=MOV00916.flv

*Hmm messed up the link. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123621697&page=9 post 134, page 9

Since you had both pipes, would you recommend going with just the CS downpipe? I have the MS CAI and MS CBE. Love the sound of your Speed3, sounds siiiiiiiiiiiiiick! (rockon)

Back