Shop at EdgeAutosport.com to make your Mazda Go Fast AND Look Good!
Shop at EdgeAutosport.com to make your Mazda Go Fast AND Look Good!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corksport DP/PG Test Pipe/Mazdaspeed CBE installed

Blk Mazdaspeed 3

Corksport DP/PG Test Pipe/Mazdaspeed CBE installed

Have had the cbe on for a few months and I think I was the first to realize the test pipe did not mate to the mazdaspeed exhaust. Ken and the gang did their best to fix it before there was the redesign with no luck. Back to the present the test pipe is fixed and I had them install the dp because I didn't have the time/patience to do it my self. The install didn't go as smoothed I we had hoped they had trouble with one bolt on the old down pipe but they stuck with it and did a excellent job. now for my impressions, must say it's a nice improvement. way more power then just the cbe exhaust and a nice gain over just the test pipe/cbe and nice sound, deeper and louder (with out being to loud or obnoxious in my opinion) will be at the Protege Garage meet the 29th for anyone local that wants to see/hear it and I will hopefully have Ken make a sound clip then to post.

i bet i know which bolt it is.

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

thanks for coming in pete. we'll be happy to see you and the car back for the meet on the 29th. keep on STi hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by iguanaboy View Post
    Have had the cbe on for a few months and I think I was the first to realize the test pipe did not mate to the mazdaspeed exhaust. Ken and the gang did their best to fix it before there was the redesign with no luck. Back to the present the test pipe is fixed and I had them install the dp because I didn't have the time/patience to do it my self. The install didn't go as smoothed I we had hoped they had trouble with one bolt on the old down pipe but they stuck with it and did a excellent job. now for my impressions, must say it's a nice improvement. way more power then just the cbe exhaust and a nice gain over just the test pipe/cbe and nice sound, deeper and louder (with out being to loud or obnoxious in my opinion) will be at the Protege Garage meet the 29th for anyone local that wants to see/hear it and I will hopefully have Ken make a sound clip then to post.
    Will these mods affect the MAF if running a MS CAI and MS CBE? I have heard things where using the MS CAI, the MAF may not adjust correctly with a downpipe and test pipe? Is this true? I want to keep my MS CBE and CAI but was wondering if the Corksport DP and PG Test pipe wil lwork without issue (read that as no CEL's or MAF issues)?

TIA

i've not had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by ms3guy22 View Post
    i've not had any issues
    Are you running a MS CAI/MS CBE and the CS pipe and PG pipe?

you should not experience MAF sensor issues as a result of the aforementioned modifications
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain KRM P5 View Post
    you should not experience MAF sensor issues as a result of the aforementioned modifications
    Captian:

Not to harp on the subject, but no CEL's either?

Blk Mazdaspeed 3

Did have a CEL if it comes back I will have it scanned and see what is causing it
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Did have a CEL if it comes back I will have it scanned and see what is causing it
    How's the car feel with the CS downpipe and PG pipe?

How's the car feel with the CS downpipe and PG pipe? Do you have a clip of what your car sounds like?

Registered Member numbnuts22715's Avatar

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT

San Antonio, Tx during school, Houston,tx out of school
    Quote Originally Posted by BSTD3 View Post
    How's the car feel with the CS downpipe and PG pipe? Do you have a clip of what your car sounds like?

exactly what I was gonna ask!

I was planning on using the same mods...

First maybe the ms catback, that way I can cut off the stock exhaust without voiding warranty, then maybe getting the cs dp and pg pipe and swapping out if i ever need warranty work.. seems like the perfect way to do it.

I'd really like a sound clip/video clip any time.

Thanks.

some cars with catless downpipes get CELs, others do not. same thing with the catless header i have on my mazda5. the secondary sensor which reads emissions equipment functionality is finicky. the corksport downpipe comes with a CEL fix and for most cars it works great. the sensor's distance from the exhaust stream has to be about perfect to not throw a CEL. too far or too close to it seems to occasionally cause check engine lights. there are a couple other tricks up my sleeve which if need be can be tried to kill the CEL entirely.

So there is no guarantee that these pipes won't throw a CEL?

mine doesn't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast