For those with Automatic Trannys

BinoMP5

:
MP5
so i hear about this levelten people...they do work with automatic transmissions. if you have a automatic transmission, not sportronic. they can make it shiftronic

http://www.levelten.com/store/import/items/electronics/import_shiftronic.htm

and they do group discount prices...so thatd be cool... they also do torque converter work...

http://www.levelten.com/store/import/packages/mazda.htm

To get to the point...
has anyone dealt with these guys before? or done any transmission work on their Auto or Sport AT Transmission?

Ive priced these guys against lentech. Lentech was cheaper and from what I've heard build a better tranny, More options and just over all stronger. I've never seen one in our cars but I'm looking at a Lentech full tranny with 23spline converter by June. Also Ive contacted Levelten by email and try to discuss options on their trannys and they just sent one price and didn't answer any email after that.

Other than the shiftronic conversion being universal for electronically controlled trans, I didn't see Protege or 323 listed in the cars levelten works on. Lentech.

so what makes the tranny shift faster? and if i do get this tranny from lentech... will i be able to control the shifts like i do know? and how does it feel? hard? controllable?

keep me updated mpvpsu on that tranny work...

It's not faster... what levelten is advertising there is to add a manual mode to non-manumatic boxes.

They can also rebuild your torque converter so that the stall speed (where the converter "locks" the output shaft to the driveshaft) is much higher... instead of, say, locking at 2000-3000 rpm, it'll lock at 4000 rpm, allowing you to torque brake much higher and perform burn-out launches much easier.

It's not so much shifting faster, but the valve body alone makes a world of difference in the precision of the shifts. < if that makes sense> There’s a guy on here that put a Lentech valve body in his P5 and if I’m not mistaken he has video to go with it.

Here's roughly what he said...

the valve body is still going strong. I have a sport auto it takes some time learning good shift points, going slow in traffic from 1st to second is kinda jerky, but it shifts faster than the stock valve body. using it in full auto isnt really that great unless you are getting on it.(if you are driving normal, it tends to get to fourth gear by the time you are going 30-35 mph). when I say shift hard, I mean it goes from one gear to another very fast and very firm, not like that bs stock one.

Once you effectively learn your shift points for normal driving and for rough driving, when you let off the gas to shift you are going to second guess the fact of whether or not the tranny actually shifted. I have caught myself several times looking at the indicator on the dash because it was so smooth and fast. comfort- better than stock jerk-occasionally if you are too slow in first gear-

you hear that guys? there's hope for us yet!!!

I dont understand why it will shift to 4th gear by the time your going 30-35 if your using full auto.

it does that on mine w/o the valve body... your car is just not trying to work hard when your cruising... if i have to put it on Drive to answer cell phone or eat something and i'm on 3 on M and i'm going about 30 - 40mph itll shift as soon as i put it on D to 4th...so it's just automatic... literally

Im going to watch it on my car today. I dont think it really does that for me but i may be wrong.

i get into 4th gear about 60mph in my 1.8L

this is going with like a slightly above half acceleration.

Here's roughly what he said...

the valve body is still going strong. I have a sport auto it takes some time learning good shift points, going slow in traffic from 1st to second is kinda jerky, but it shifts faster than the stock valve body. using it in full auto isnt really that great unless you are getting on it.(if you are driving normal, it tends to get to fourth gear by the time you are going 30-35 mph). when I say shift hard, I mean it goes from one gear to another very fast and very firm, not like that bs stock one.

Once you effectively learn your shift points for normal driving and for rough driving, when you let off the gas to shift you are going to second guess the fact of whether or not the tranny actually shifted. I have caught myself several times looking at the indicator on the dash because it was so smooth and fast. comfort- better than stock jerk-occasionally if you are too slow in first gear-

you hear that guys? there's hope for us yet!!!
Yeah, I'm wantin me summa dat valve body upgrade for some time now. Bills, mortgage, kids' college, etc etc etc..............Someday!

i know what you mean... sort of... but hey...very nice built cars to your preferences to your liking arent built overnight... even if your rich... it'll take 2 days...

Last edited:
Back