Head gasket leaking

I have a problem. I have a 04 five speed 4 cyl Mazda 6. It has 68000 mi on it. A few weeks ago I had a terrible time shifting it. It did not want to go into gear. It was as if the clutch was not engaging. I took it inot a dealer who told me that the seal around the slave cylinder was leaking, and this led to an inadequate amount of pressure in the cluth, and this it was not engaging. I had a new slave cylinder put on the car, and now it seems fin. However, about a day after I had the car I noticed a faint burning smell near the front of my car as I drove it. Initally I thought it wasw some grease or oil that was burning off from the the repair, but today I noticed something underneath my car leaking. I toook it back to the same dealer service department and upon inspecting the problem further, the mechanic told me that my head gasaket was now leaking. It had not leaked prior to having the slave cylinder replaced, but now it was. My question is, is this leak the result of something the mechanic did while he was repairing the slave cylinder? Could he have torqued something too much and caused this head gasket to begin leaking? The cylinder that was replaced is on the outside of the master cylinder, as that was a quesion on theinitial repair. if anypne outthere can give me some feedback on this I would much appreciate it. i now have a car that i owe 7500 on, and it is leaking oil. Help!

Master cylinder is not in any way shape or form connected to the head gasket. If he did something to your head gasket, he would have had to remove the valve cover to loosen head bolts.

My feeling is it just happened at the same time. We call that bad luck.

Back